chapter thirty-six

ONE MORE CHAP

PLS COMMENT AND VOTE

-

Luke felt his body aching when he woke up, his eyes flickered open and the first thing he saw was a sleeping Reece in a chair beside the bed. Luke's head shifted and he saw Michael standing at the end of the bed with his arms crossed. "What happened?" Luke asked, his neck and chest hurt, like someone had tried to rip out his throat.

"You got power hungry and tried to rip your own throat out because of the witch voices in your head, psycho moment for sure." Michael smiled, "you really scared the shit out of Reece last night Luke."

Luke hummed, "What day is it?"

"It's Christmas Eve." Michael said.

Luke frowned, "Can you go to my dorm, under my bed is Reece's Christmas gift. I want to make sure he gets it," Luke said, "I feel too shitty to go get it myself."

"I will, later," Michael said and sat on the edge of the bed, "are you feeling better, you should be handling your powers better now, we had to tranq you."

"I don't remember much, but yeah I feel better." Luke said, then looked at Reece again, "is he okay?" He asked:

"It was a long night Luke." Was all Michael said, and Michael knew what Reece still had to do, and that would hurt more than watching Luke try to kill himself.

The door to the bedroom opened and Charlotte entered, "hey, there's a witch here for you, her names Georgia."

Luke smiled, "let her in."

The door opened wider and Georgia entered the bedroom, she climbed up and in the bed, and then Luke noticed a man walk in behind her, he presumed it was her dad and he carried a large leather bound book. He placed the book on the bed and then stepped away, leaning against the wall.

"Are you okay?" Georgia asked Luke, she saw the large bandage going around his neck and smiled softly.

"Yeah I'm okay." He smiled.

"It's always a bit much at first, but you're very powerful because of your bloodline, so from now on you should be able to handle it." Georgia smiled sweetly. She then dragged the big book over her lap and in to Luke's. "As you're the new leader, now you need to know the spells. I can help you along and because you cancelled the trials, you'll be our leader until you have an heir or decide to chose someone else."

Luke smiled, he liked the idea of changing it back to how his parents wanted it, he wanted to make them proud even if he'd never really met them.

"Thank you." Luke said, and hugged her quickly before she left the bedroom again.

Luke sat, going through the large book, some was in a language he didn't know but some notes in English too. He stopped when he heard Reece shift and watched the way his eyes flickered open, Luke smiled at him, "Hey sleepyhead."

Reece gave a tired smile and moved in to the bed beside Luke, holding him and kissing his cheek, "what I miss?"

"Georgia brought this spell book, but I can't read it."

Reece looked at it and hummed, "luckily I can."

"'Cause you're old." Luke joked making Reece pinch him.

"Right so this one here is a barrier spell, that page is a body barrier spell, so these few pages are types of barriers." Reece explained, "because bodies and buildings are different we need different spells," Reece turned the page, "then this is a barrier spell that repels people, they don't know they're being repels, it's a subconscious thing, like say if you didn't want someone finding your diary, you do the spell and hide it, then the person won't think to look at that spot for it."