chapter thirty-one

hiiii pls comment and vote ty love you all

-

Outside of the monster court room Luke stood with Calum and the sheriff, "you'll be asked some questions that we usually ask, like when has Reece shown human compassion and love and when he'd done something for the community."

"He's done all of those things." Luke said, surely this should be easy, Reece was a good leader after all.

"Definitely," Calum agreed.

"Can I see Reece before it starts?" Luke asked the Sheriff. He wanted to right things between them, because what if what he said wasn't enough and Reece was executed today?

The sheriff nodded, "okay," Calum said he'd go catch up with Ashton so the Sheriff lead Luke through the building through some doors and got to a grey door, "he hasn't talked at all since you left the station, so I don't know what you'll get out of him."

Luke sighed, then the door was opened and Luke stepped inside, and at the table was a handcuffed Reece. Reece looked up and blinked hard, "what are you doing here?" He spat.

"To talk." Luke said and sat on the seat opposite the table. Luke reached out and touched his hands, fingertips skimming across his knuckles, Reece didn't move them and let Luke touch him. "I'm going to go out there later and talk about all the great things you've done."

"It's a pretty short list," Reece said.

"It's not at all, you know that." Luke said, Reece had done stuff for this town and the vampires, protected them all.

Reece stared at Luke until their eyes met, "give it up Luke." Reece said, "I'm gonna end up being killed right in front of you, you don't want to be around for that." He promised.

"It won't happen." Luke said, finally entwining their fingers. "Stop it."

"I'm being realistic!" Reece yelled. "The punishments were made because of me attacking them before. I was fucking lucky to be alive, that my punishment was just being locked up and for that long was terrifying, I can't do it again Luke, I'd rather choose death than starving in a hole."

Luke felt himself tearing up, "please don't do this to me, you told me you wouldn't leave me like that, you said you wouldn't die and it'd be me and my stupid human years that teared us apart not you being stupid."

"Luke, stop."

"No!" Luke yelled, standing, he walked around the small metal table to Reece and cupped his face, "I love you—"

Reece jerked his head away but Luke glared and his witch powers kicked in and forced Reece to look at him. "You are going to get out alive, Reece."

Reece closed his eyes and sagged, giving in, if Luke believed as much then maybe, he could persuade the judge that Reece could be saved. Luke leant down and kissed Reece's forehead, then his lips, "say you love me back then you idiot." Luke whispered.

Reece sighed against his mouth, "I love you so much."

Luke then wrapped his arms around Reece and hugged him tightly, "we'll be alright."

The door to the room then opened, and a guard stood there, "it's time to go."

Luke left the room and took his seat beside Calum in the first row. After a few minutes, Reece was lead in, restrained, by the same man who'd interrupted them. Reece was made to sit in front of the large crowd, right in front of Luke, just like any other person on trial. When the judge walked in, everyone stood, Luke took the chance to look around, seeing people of every species, it was like everyone wanted to come see the infamous Reece Grean on trial.