chapter twelve

I like this chapter so pls comment and vote tysm

30+ comments pls ty

A smidge of smut but not + enough

Someone refused to read this book bc Lukes not the vampire 🙄🙄 the plot wouldn't work the other way round, and I like Ashton being a clueless lil human sidekick

-

Luke sat in his Art class alone, there was no Calum or Reece, so he minded his own business and listened to his music. As Luke drew in his book, he felt the rattle of the charm bracelet around his wrist, he loved the little bracelet Calum had brought him and Ashton, it was old fashioned looking but so pretty.

Art class felt like it sped by and soon Luke was heading back to his dorm to finish his final draft for his History paper that was to be handed in that day. Then it wasn't long before Luke was walking to History class.

When he arrived five minutes early Luke spotted Reece standing outside of the Humanities building. The elder man was leaning against the brick wall in a leather jacket and after hearing about Reece's past, Luke realised Reece had changed a lot since he'd become a vampire. People didn't wear leather jackets with studs in the sixteen hundreds.

"Hi." Luke breathed, stopping in front of the boy.

"Hi." Reece stood up properly, "I memorised your timetable." Reece admitted, he felt more protective over Luke now that he knew what Reece was.

Luke smiled at that, "What's up?" He asked, shifting his bag strap.

"Can we talk?" Reece asked, "I already told your teacher that you're busy, it won't affect your attendance." Reece said.

"How?"

Reece smiled cheekily, "Oh you know, the whole mind control thing, comes in pretty handy."

Luke shook his head, smiling before nodding, "let me hand in my paper and then we can go."

"Is it the vampire one?" Reece questioned. Luke hummed, moving to the door and opening it, "I don't think it's a good idea to do that."

Luke paused, turning and looking at Reece, "my teacher won't believe me or what I've written, I could show him you and all my proof and he'd call me bullshit." Luke smiled sweetly, "I'll be right back."

Luke went in to the class and slipped the paper on the desk, the teacher was across the room and too busy to see Luke so he left swiftly. As soon as he got to Reece's side, the elder boy grabbed Luke's hand and they walked towards the dorms.

They got inside of Luke's dorm room, the blond putting his bag down and kicking off his shoes. Reece sat down on Ashton's empty and unkept bed. He looked at Luke and sighed, "I wanted to say that I want us to start over, properly."

Luke turned to him, "why?" Luke was curious why Reece had even bothered so much, he understood Luke was similar to Elizabeth but Luke was only a smidge of time in Reece's long life.

"If we forgot the part about Elizabeth, it's because I really like you and I think you're worth the try." Reece said, "I want us to attempt this. And if it goes to shit, I'll erase myself from your mind and leave you be."

Luke nodded, "okay." Luke sat down on the bed beside him and kissed Reece's cheek, "we can start over."

Reece leant down and swiftly pressed their lips together, "thank you." He muttered.