chapter twenty two

Took 20 odd chapters but we're getting to the juicy parts now

Luke's a fucking angel 😩💗💓💖💘💝💕💞💦👅

-

Ben had been told everything that Luke had found out and of course Ben was very confused and pissed that his dad basically knew everything as he was the Sheriff. However Luke trusted him to know, but he'd try and keep Ben safe from any harm, Luke was now a witch after all.

Ashton, Ben and Luke were currently underneath a large interstate not far from Etheridge, it was a main highway across Australia. Dozens of homeless people lived underneath it, and it was their job to hand out food, water, blankets, clothes and other necessities.

Luke had a pile of blankets in his arms as two men talked to him, they'd taken a blanket and thanked Luke. "How do you know Ben?" One man, Jared, asked.

"He helped me with a class project." Luke smiled, "has he been helping here for a long time?"

"Has been with his mother since he was ten, then she died and he kept coming with the group." Jared explained, "he's a good kid, sticks his nose in others business but nonetheless."

Luke nodded, "don't I know it."

Luke went round a few more people before he ran out of blankets, meeting Ben and Ashton at the table they'd set up for food. "Hey."

Ben looked up from his list in confusion, "someone's missing." He said, looking around the group of people.

"Who?"

"Harry." Ben mumbled, "hey Jared!" Ben called over the guy Luke had been talking to, who came over to them, a hot cup of coffee in his hands. "Have you seen Harry around?"

"Not for a week, he got up and left to pee last Thursday and never came back." Jared said, "I didn't go to your dad because they wouldn't have cared."

Ben frowned, "so he's just gone?"

"Sorry kid."

Jared left and Ben looked to Luke, "what do you think it is?" Luke asked.

"Like I fucking know, we live in a place where there's vampires, werewolves and witches and god knows what else so I'm gonna ask my dad what else there is." Ben said, "he's gotta know if he's the sheriff."

"I'll come with you." Luke smiled, then looked to Ashton.

Ashton groaned, "if I must."

After the group had finished up for the night, Ben drove them over to the sheriffs house as he'd finished work for the day and well it was Ben's house too. They arrived and went inside, Ben leading the two boys to his dads office.

Ben knocked on the office door, "dad?"

"Come in Ben." His dad said, Ben opening the door and letting Luke and Ashton inside. At the sight of Luke, the Sheriff sighed. "What is it you want?"

Luke frowned, "is that the response I'm gonna get from everyone now?"

"Yes." Ashton said from behind Luke making the blond kick his knee.

"What do you want then?" The Sheriff asked.

"I want a full list of the monsters in this town." Ben said for Luke and himself.

The Sheriff laughed, "no, that's stupid of you to even ask of me."

Ben frowned, "but dad—"

"I didn't even want you to know! You're silly obsessions in this worried me enough and now you know everything and more!" The Sheriff stood up, "look, I can't—"