chapter twenty five

This is a little sad

-

Luke had been dropped off at the house by Reece, who said he'd pick him up in a few hours before he drove away. Luke went inside the house, seeing the three other Chosen, who were pacing the living room. "Hey." Luke said, "are we ready to do this?"

"Fuck no." Colin said, "one of us is gonna die."

"No were not—" Luke said.

The light of the room then flickered, making Luke curse, "remember, we stick together, we all do it and they can't kill us because no one failed."

They heard a door slam, making Luke enter the room and go closer to Mackenzie, who looked terrified. Luke held his arms, "We're gonna be o—"

The four of them then collapsed to the floor unconscious.

When Luke awoke, everything was still black, he couldn't move but he knew his eyes were open, and he could feel something covering his eyes. The floor felt hard underneath him as he sat up, his feet's weren't bounded thankfully. "Hello?" Luke called.

"Luke." He heard Gabby say, "they blindfolded us so we can't find the location of the trials."

Luke cursed again, "are we all awake?"

There was a choruses of yes', Luke sighing in relief. Luke stayed quiet, trying to heat for anyone else in the room. "Are we alone?" Luke asked, "is it just us?"

"I don't know." Colin said, "I can't hear anyone."

A door then opened loudly, Luke flinching. Someone then grabbed him and made him sit on his knees, the blindfold being taken off, revealing over twenty people were in the room with them. Colin was to his left and Mak to his right, Gabby next to Colin. He gulped, looking at Mackenzie, who was shaking in terror. Their bounded hands were released and Luke realised it was magic, not real ties.

He looked at who entered the room, seeing Whitney, the woman who had told him he was a Chosen, and Georgia's mother. "Hello Chosen." Whitney said, she wore a blood red cloak, looking at each of them.

Whitney nodded and then someone was grabbing Luke's arm, holding it out. A witch did it to each person before Whitney walked over to Gabby first, pulling a knife out from under her cloak, she grabbed Gabby's wrist and sliced open her arm. Gabby cried out softly as a bowl was placed underneath to collect the blood.

They moved on to Colin and then Luke, who hissed at the pain, he stared at Whitney, who stared right back at him. "Why are—"

"Silence." Whitney said.

Luke went to protest, realising he really couldn't talk, she'd made him stop using magic. Bitch. Luke thought mentally.

Mackenzie's blood was taken too, making him cry softly. Luke wanted to reach out and comfort him.

After the blood was taken, Witney said something in a language Luke couldn't understand before everyone started to chant, getting louder and louder until they were yelling. Mackenzie covered his ears at all the yelling, making Luke reach over and hold him, "it's okay." Luke assured him.

Then it was silent again, but two people grabbed Gabby by her arms and dragged her out the door, going left. The door shut behind her, making Luke glance around at everyone in the room, they all had straight faces, staring ahead, it reminded him of the guards they had outside Buckingham Palace.

A few minutes later, Gabby came back, holding her wrists and soothing it. As soon as her knees hit the floor, two more people were grabbing Colin, and he left.