chapter eight

Hi here's an update pls vote and comment 30+ plsssss

-

Luke sat at his desk in his dorm, his headphones blasting music, so he was blind to the world and to the fact Ashton had left the dorm hours ago for class. Luke was doing research for his history paper, he was googling about the 72 attacks and similar things towards it and serial killers of Australia, anything to make sense of what had happened.

Then Luke's interest peaked when he found someone's blog. He scrolled down to the section all for the 72 attacks, clicking on it, which loaded a page to a video.

Luke saw a cute boy on the video so he paused his music before clicking play on the video.

"Hello everyone, this week I will be discussing something that I have a very big interest in, the murders of nineteen seventy-two." The boy started, making quotation marks over the words murder. Luke furrowed his brows but continued to listen, "if you're new to my blog, I'm Ben Hampshire, and today I'll be specifically talking about the lone survivor Stephanie Turner, who had recently recently died from an animal attack," he once again used quotation marks on animal attack.

"First of all, let me get some thoughts out of the way, what sixty-four year old woman goes and gets mauled by a group of animals? Also, she's a survivor of the murders in 72, who's to say she didn't squeal about the details and get herself killed? And who did she tell?" Ben asked.

Luke paused the video, he had talked to Stephanie and then she turned up dead? Something was clearly wrong here, someone knew that Luke talked to her. Ashton? No Ashton had only moved here when Luke had. Calum? No, Calum was too sweet and too kind to know anything. Michael, probably.

Luke clicked on the send message button and started writing a message. "Hi, my names Luke Hemmings, a few days before Stephanie died I went to talk to her about the 1972 attacks for a research paper for my history class. I'm very confused and you seem to know a lot about it, please get back to me soon"

Luke watched the end of the video and by the time it was over, he had a response.

"Fuck yes we should meet up, I need to know what she said"

Luke snickered at the informality of his words before replying with a time and a place. They'd meet at six outside the town library.

Luke was interrupted from his work when Ashton came home with donuts and Calum. Luke took a donut and climbed in to bed, wrapping a blanket around his shoulders as Ashton put on a film. "So you two." Luke said, "when's your first date?"

"We just had it." Calum said, "I brought him donuts and coffee."

"And we made out." Ashton shrugged, which made Calum send him a faux glare.

Luke giggled, "that's cute," he lay down on his bed, stuffing his face with his donut before hearing his phone buzz. He saw he had a text from an unknown number, it read: 'hey Luke this is Ben! Just wanted to make sure I got the right number'

Luke text back saying it was right and added it to his contacts before he got another text, but from Reece.

I'm outside your dorm building come meet me xx

Luke stood up from his bed and went towards the window, looking down towards the front doors and seeing Reece was sitting there on the steps. Luke grabbed a jacket, told his friends he'd be a minute, and left the dorm.

Luke went down the stairs, past the giggling teenage girls on the stairs before getting to the doors of the building. He pushed open the doors and stared at Reece, "what do you want?"