chapter twenty four

We only have 15 chapters left omg

Pls comment and vote

-

The next day Luke and Reece, along with Georgia had gone back to the house meeting the other Chosen. They were outside in the garden, a line of coke cans sat on the fence, "Okay so your first challenge is to move something with your mind." Reece announced.

"It should be easy." Georgia said, "any witch can do this, it's the basics."

Luke nodded, easy, if a ten year old kid could do it, so could he.

Gabby went first, staring at the can for a long few minutes before it began to shake, then it slowly began to raise and hover, then was thrown threw the air at Reece, hitting him in the shoulder. "Hey!" Reece yelled, "chill out."

"Sorry." Gabby said, smiling softly.

Reece looked to Luke, "your turn baby."

Luke nodded, looking at the coke can and concentrating hard. He imagined what he wanted it to do before the can suddenly burst, the contains going everywhere and the can crushing in on itself.

Luke opened his eyes, smiling at what he'd done, "oh." He said, looking at Reece, "I did it."

"You sure did." Reece grinned, "Mackenzie, your go."

The kid nodded and stared at the can and when nothing happened, Luke came to his side and held his shoulders, "take a deep breath," he instructed, "focus on the can, imagine it moving."

Mak nodded, taking in deep breaths before he focused hard, the can then lifted and crushed itself, falling to the floor. Mak sighed, "thank god."

Colin's turn went easily, making Reece grin, clapping his hands, "you guys won't die today!" He declared.

"You have to move heavier things too," Georgia said, making Reece stop and sigh, "Like people and cars."

"People?" Luke repeated.

"Yep." Reece said, hating what they decided their lesson was, "and I'm gonna be that person." Reece stepped forward to where the cans were, "take your best shot."

Luke smirked and within seconds Reece had been shoved back against the fence. Reece groaned in pain, before he was dragged across the garden by another one of the kids, all the kids taking a turn, leaving them giggling as Reece tried to steady himself from all the movement, he was way too dizzy for this.

"Fuck all of you." Reece said, seeing double. He placed his hands on the floor, steadying himself. "I hate you guys."

Luke walked over and helped him stand, wrapping an arm around his waist, "I got you."

They went inside the house, Luke calling for a pizza for them as celebration. Once it was done he went to the living room, leaning against the door way and smiling fondly at Reece who sat on the sofa, holding his head in his hands, trying to gain some stability again. "You okay Reece?" He asked.

Reece looked up, "better now." He said, reaching his hand out to Luke. The blond walked over to him, taking the hand and being pulled on to Reece's lap. Luke smiled and leant in to Reece, kissing his cheek, "even better now you're in my lap."

Luke nosed against his cheek, "thank you for helping us, it was a waste of coke though."

"Kind was wasn't it." Reece laughed softly, before he cupped Luke's face, "I really want you to do well in these trials, I can't lose you."

Luke nodded, "I know. I'll try my best for you." 

The other kids came in to the living room then, Luke sliding off Reece's lap and to his side, leaning in to him as the television was turned on. Reece put his arm around Luke, mentally praying that Luke would succeed in the trials, even if the others died, Luke had to win and live.

Luke was the one to get the pizza from the delivery guy, paying for it before going back in to the living room. They shared out the food, Reece taking a bite of garlic bread making Gabby stare at him, "I thought vampires can't have garlic bread?"

Reece paused and stared at the girl, "Are you serious?"

Luke giggled beside Reece, reaching his hand up and wiping Reece's mouth, only to have his hand grabbed and kissed. Reece ate his slice of pizza before leaving the room, he came back in with a blood bag, opening the top and sipping it, slumping in the sofa and leaning against Luke.

"What if—" Colin started, "we become vampires to get out of the trials."

"you stay the age you're at when you turn, Mak can't be 14 forever it'd suck." Luke said.

"there's protection spells anyway, no one can put any sort of magic on you and this is technically magic so no it won't work." Reece said, making Luke pause, would that mean he and Reece would never really last? Never get to live together forever?

The thoughts were still on his mind when he and Reece left the chosen home with Georgia. They dropped the kid off at home before driving to Reece's home. Luke didn't bring it up until they were in bed together, Reece holding on to Luke's hips, one hand feeling across his thigh, breathing steadily. "You're thinking too hard." Reece said, "your heart is beating like crazy."

"if I ever wanted to be a vampire so we can be together we can't?" Luke said, making Reece open his eyes and move the pillow to look at Luke properly.

"No." Reece answered.

Luke pouted, hiding his frown behind his arm, "that—that was an option for me. To be with you."

"It was?" Reece asked.

"Yeah," Luke sighed, "when I was older and if we were still together I would've done it for you. I want to be with you."

Reece sighed, the topic of turning someone he had feelings for was controversial, there was too many things that could go wrong with that—losing someone after being with someone for centuries hurt, he did it once, he couldn't have that happen to Luke too. "I wouldn't want that for you." Reece said, "You watch all your family and friends die, it's not fun Lu."

"but you have your family around." Luke pointed out, Reece had Charlotte, his sister, and his nephew, and Michael. He had plenty of family around him.

"Look what happened to Elizabeth." Reece said, "I killed my own mother Luke."

Those words made Luke go quiet, he understood that.

Reece sighed and leant down, cupping Luke's face and kissing him softly. "I love you so much Luke." He said, hugging Luke to his chest. Luke didn't reply, too upset about the prospect of losing Reece over something so normal as death. What was the point of Luke trying to win the trials if he died one day, and left Reece anyway? Luke wasn't quite sure what to do, so he squeezed Reece and closed his eyes.

-

Oof angst