chapter eighteen

Pls vote and comment throughout, thank you

I came at the video of Luke singing, I need a new album soON

(I tried to post it here but Wattpad won't allow that shit, if you've not seen it, it's on Instagram or my snapchat!! @pippy_doo)

AND HAPPY BDAY TO MY BOY CALUM he's like my second fave tbh

-

The curtains were pulled shut, leaving the room to be dark, with only the light from the television to brighten the room. The TV was quietly playing Black Mirror, as Luke had his head leant against Reece's shoulder.

"Isn't it weird watching technology change so much over the years?" Luke said randomly as his mind drifted; he thought about Reece and how they were watching a TV show together and the fact Reece once had to live in muddy streets filled with death and plague and now he has a phone and a car and a big house and hospital care and he could never die.

Life was strange.

"It is." Reece hummed, his hand in Luke's curls and playing with them. "I remember reading in a newspaper about the first telephone and I was very confused. The idea of talking through a device across towns, countries and the world: baffled me."

Luke smiled, "it's come a long way." Luke turned in to Reece and pressed his hand to Reece's chest.

"I've gotta go to a meeting tonight." Reece said."

"Okay, can I stay here?" Luke questioned.

Reece sighed, "No, not here, not alone."

Luke pouted, "Charlotte or Junior can babysit me."

Reece groaned in frustration and looked at Luke, "I'll have Michael look after you, I trust him to do it."

Luke scrunched his nose up, "but he hates me, because of Stephanie."

Reece shook his head and placed his hand on Luke's cheek, "no, he hates me, I killed her for talking to you."

It made Luke sigh, "you shouldn't have done that."

"It's over now." Reece replied, then cupped Luke's face with his hand and pulled him in for a kiss. "Let me go shower and then I'll have to leave." Reece then got up and out of the bed, going in to the en-suite bathroom, leaving Luke lying on the bed.

When Reece had showered, he left the bathroom to grab some clothes, he knew Luke was staring at him as he walked around the room in just a towel. "Luke." Reece said, going through his pile of clothes on the floor, "if you keep staring I might have to miss my meeting."

Luke blushed, "well I mean, I'm not stopping you."

Reece paused and glanced at Luke on his bed, noticing the way his legs were curled up, showing off his thighs in his skirt. Reece would have loved to stay and be with Luke, but he needed to go to this meeting, plus Luke had just been assaulted and needed time to process it.

"I wish baby." Reece said instead and picked up some clothes and headed back in to the bathroom. Once he was ready to go, he brought Luke down to the front door, yelling for Michael as he did. Reece opened the front door, turning to Luke and cupping his face, "I'll be a few hours, three at most."

Luke nodded, "I'll just watch some TV or nap."

Reece leant down and kissed Luke softly, smiling softly as he pulled away.

They then heard a cough and turned to Michael, who had his arms folded. "You called?" Michael said, keeping his eyes on Reece. Michael didn't want to give Luke the time of day, he'd probably be dead in an alleyway in a month or two.