chapter three

50+ comments!!! some vamp!Reece now!!

other news: go buy Michael Bublé's new album, nobody but me on iTunes!! I cried at it :-)

Also, what is Luke doing? That's all I want to know. buT his lil tummy is so cute and I wanna kiss it and blow raspberries on it sjchsix

-

A week later, Luke sat in his history class, he'd done the introduction class but now he actually had to do work. His teacher, Bradley Smith, was standing at the front of the class, talking about their year and what they were going to be doing, and what their coursework would be able.

"The year is set up as fifty percent coursework and fifty percent exam, your coursework will be a series of essays throughout the year. Your first one is going to be about local history whether in your own hometown or this town."

Luke perked up slightly at his words, he could investigate the murders that had happened in 1972. He knew from Ashton there was still some unknown facts from the time it happened, so maybe he could find out what happened properly, revealing all of the facts.

Luke took out his folder as the teacher started to go around and ask everyone what their subject would be. Luke would be last out of his semi small class of sixteen people, as he sat by the window at the back like he did in Art.

It took twenty minutes for the teacher got to Luke, he pulled a chair up to his table and smiled. "Hello, Luke."

Luke smiled small, "hi."

"What did you decide on?"

"I decided that I'm going to talk about the murders that happened in '72," Luke said skeptically.

Bradley hissed, "that's a sore subject."

Luke shrugged, "it'll be interesting, though, I wanna do research and ask people what they think happened and other stuff. Maybe I'll dig up some things."

Bradley smiled, "well good luck, have fun with it. The first draft will be due in two weeks,"

"Okay, thank you," Luke said, his teacher giving him a grin before he got up and left Luke to it.

After History class had finished, he went back to his empty dorm. Ashton had class still and wouldn't finish for another half an hour so Luke took the opportunity to steal the single desk in the dorm and set up his laptop.

Luke clicked on to google before typing, 'Etheridge murders 1972' which lead to a list of old news articles. Luke clicked on the first one, the headline saying: "FORTY YEARS SINCE MURDERS" from 2012.

Luke rested his head on his palm as he read the article.

"Forty years later and we still mourn the death of the twelve teenagers, and the ten others injured. Events of the night and the names of the victims are sealed out of respect for the families. Most of the victims of that night have moved from Etheridge to escape the tragic events, bar one person who witnessed the murder of her boyfriend first hand.

Stephanie Turner spoke to us about the night, she told us: "that night was a tragic one that is forever seared into my brain. I won't be able to get it out of my head and it's been forty years. The people who died weren't friends, and I'll never be able to forgive or forget, though the man who did it is dead, I'll never be over it."

A memorial for the victims had a parade and ceremony yesterday in the town centre. We forever keep the families and victims in our hearts"