29: Chaos

Namjoon rushed down into the lab once the inner gates and front door were locked after Jimin, Bee and Hoseok. As he got to the door, Yoongi was helping Jimin lay Hoseok on the bed at the other end of the lab.

Bee was quiet, her eyes wide with horror, andJungkook and Jin had tears streaming down their faces. Namjoon moved over to help Jimin, just as Hana uttered the words that nobody was ready to hear.

"I can't help him," Her voice was soft, raw with emotion, "He's already gone,"

"No!" Jin cried, rushing forward, "No, he's not, you have to help him! You helped Yoongi and Namjoon, please, Hana, you have to-"

"They weren't dead when they got to me," Hana snapped at him, "I can't help the dead, Seokjin, I can only help the living," The doctor stomped away from the bed where Hoseok's lifeless body was laying. She left the lab and they all heard the sound of her office door slamming behind her.

Jin pushed past Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon and dropped to his knees next to the bed. With a start, Namjoon realised that out of everyone here, Jin and Hoseok had known each other the longest. Hoseok was Jin's friend.

Daisy went to comfort him, tears falling down her own cheeks.

"I hate to be the one that says it," Taehyung said, "But someone needs to deal with him before he turns. He-"

The rest of Taehyung's sentence was cut off by Bee's fist landing on his face, throwing his head back to the point where he lost balance and fell.

"Show him some Goddamn respect!" She yelled at him, tears bursting from her eyes, "He just sacrificed himself to save me! I don't care whether you liked him or not, you show him respect!"

Taehyung stared up at the pregnant scientist, his eyes wide. He wiped the blood from his lips and lowered his gaze with a small nod, "Sorry,"

As Jimin moved to hug his wife, Namjoon helped Taehyung off the floor, "You're right, Tae," He told him, "But this second isn't the right time,"

He sighed as Taehyung shrugged away from him.

"I'm going to check on Hana," Namjoon said, "Then I'll do a perimeter check,"

"No," Jimin said, "Everyone will stay down here for at least another hour. I don't want to risk anybody else,"

Namjoon nodded and headed out of the lab, gently closing the door behind him. He moved to Hana's office, and paused when lifting his hand to knock. He could hear Hana inside, and he cursed. Hana and Hoseok had grown pretty close over the past few weeks, and the fact that she could do anything to help her friend at all, must have hurt more than anybody else.

He pushed the door open, and Hana looked up, her eyes red and her face flushed.

"Hana," He said quietly. Her eyes filled with tears again and he almost knocked the desk out of the way he moved to her so fast. He pulled her into his chest, wrapping his arms around her and holding her as she cried.

Namjoon said nothing, he just held he tightly until she calmed down enough to talk.

"I couldn't save him," She said, finally pulling away and looking up at the soldier, "I couldn't save him,"

"It's not your fault," He said, gently wiping the tears from her cheeks, "It's not anyone's fault,"   

"I failed him,"

"No!" Namjoon cupped her face, tilting her head up so she was looking directly at hime, "You didn't fail him. It wasn't your fault, and he was already gone before you even saw him. Please don't do this to yourself, Hana. It's a horrible tragedy, but it's not your fault,"

Hana's eyes hardened, "It's Bee's fault,"

Namjoon dropped his hands, his eyes wide as Hana pulled away to head back to the lab. After gathering himself after his moment of shock, he quickly followed.

"What happened out there?" Namjoon heard Yoongi ask as he entered the room behind the Doctor.

"Hoseok sacrificed himself to save me," Bee said quietly, "The dead ones must have gotten through a weakened part of the fence we hadn't noticed,"

"Why didn't you kill the dead ones?!" Hana cried out suddenly, "You're a trained Ghost, why didn't you kill them?!"

"I didn't see them," Bee snapped back, "I didn't know they where there until I had no space to shoot. Hoseok-"

"Hoseok is dead because of you!" Hana yelled, "And all you can do is give excuses?!"

"Hey, listen Doc," Jimin said, "It wasn't her fau-"

"It was her fault!" Hana pushed past Jimin so she was stood in front of Bee, "You killed him,"

"I-" Hana's hand flew through the air, hitting Bee directly in the face. 

There was a moment of silence as everyone stood in shock, before the lab erupted into almost complete chaos.

***

AN: The chapters a little shorter than usual, but I'm so sick rn, sorry!