32: Sacrifice

"In case you're wondering," Jimin said as Hana sat down at the table, "I only asked Yoongi to move you to your office to diffuse the situation. It wasn't the time to be yelling at each other,"

Hana said nothing. She just stared coldly at him as he spoke. Taehyung was stood in the corner and Yoongi and Namjoon moved to stand with him; his fingers were twitching and he was obviously very angry.

"Please, can you tell us what happened?" Daisy said quietly, "I want everyone to understand clearly,"

Jimin nodded, "Good idea,"

Bee took a deep breath and spoke for the first time since being in the lab, "I was walking back towards the house and I didn't see or hear Hoseok, because I was still focussed on the flowers-"

"What kind of Ghost gets distracted in a time like this?" Hana interrupted her angrily, "You have responsibilities, why aren't you acting appropriately?"

"Hana," Namjoon snapped, "She's only human, and she was within the safety of the fence. Let her finish,"

Hana narrowed her eyes at him, and then turned back to Bee.

"I didn't see or hear him," She repeated, "Until he was closer. I saw the dead ones, but they were too close behind me for me to turn and shoot, so I had to run until I gained some ground on them. The dead ones were fast and kept up, so I couldn't break free of them. Hoseok knocked them down and..." She trailed off a little, "He knocked them down so I could run. I pulled my gun but it was too late,"

"I saw it," Jimin added, "I saw her running and I saw Hoseok jump into them. I was too far away to shoot and I didn't want to hit Bee or him. By the time I was in range it was too late,"

"So let me get this straight," Yoongi said from in front of Taehyung, "Hoseok threw himself onto the dead ones so Bee and the baby could live. He chose to sacrifice himself; he wasn't pushed into a group of dead ones or ambushed, right?"

"Right," Bee said, still looking down, "He sacrificed himself for me and my baby,"

"You shouldn't have been-"

"Stop it," Jungkook cut Hana off, "Hana you can't keep blaming Bee. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. You have to face reality. Hoseok made his decision and even though it was an awful, heroic thing to do, you need to accept that. It wasn't Bee's fault. And it's not your fault either,"

Hana got to her feet, slamming her hands on the table, "Of course it's not my fault! He was already dead when he got to me! How could I have saved him?! He shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with, if it wasn't for her, he-"

"Everything happens for a reason!" Jungkook yelled, dumping Little onto Jimin's lap and shocking everybody, "Hoseok is with his wife and baby girl now. He's not suffering anymore, he's not struggling with the guilt of his past actions and he would want to be remembered as someone who stepped up when it was his time to, and not like a coward who ran away and let a pregnant woman be torn to shreds!"

Tears were pouring down Jungkook's face, "Hoseok was a hero and I don't want to hear any more about how it was anybody's fault except the dead ones. You weren't blaming Namjoon for missing the weakness in the fence when he did his perimeter check. You weren't blaming Jimin for not shooting earlier, and you aren't blaming yourself for not being able to save him. Explain to me how exactly this is Bee's fault? You can't because it isn't. Nobody is to blame, and Hoseok would hate it if everything crumbled just because you can't face your grief in a healthy way. We're all upset, especially Bee. Think about others for a moment, stop being so selfish,"

Jungkook's chest was heaving and Yoongi came up behind him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders, "Jungkook," He said softly, "Sit down. You're shaking,"

Jungkook took a shaky breath and scooped his chicken up again, before sinking into the seat next to Daisy. 

There was silence in the kitchen, but as Jimin opened his mouth to speak, Hana cut him off.

"So you're going to kick me out now?" She said coldly to him, "Because as usual, everyone is on Bee's side. Nobody understands where I'm coming fro-"

Jimin slammed his hands on the table surface angrily, "I'm getting sick and tired of this!" He yelled, "How everyone assumes that I only care about Bee and nobody else! Bee is my wife, of course I love and care about her, but everything I've done here, every decision I've made has been for the best of the entire group! If you had of smacked Yoongi or Daisy or even Namjoon in the face, my reaction would have been the same! Of course I'm taking it more personally, but I am trying to keep a level head," He frowned down at her, "But you are making it very difficult for me, Yoo Hana,"

"I think you've misunderstood everything," Jin said quietly, "We understand your grief. Jungkook obviously understands it more than even you do. But there's no excuse, you struck a member of our group out of anger," He glanced at Taehyung, "And you made yourself a dangerous enemy," He added quietly.

"I want her out, or I want to kill her," Taehyung said loudly, "Those are my votes,"

Jimin sighed and rubbed his face, "You're not going to kill her, Taehyung," He said, "And we aren't going to abandon her over this. What we need to do is come to a clear understanding and lay our good friend to rest,"

He looked over the room calmly, despite his eyes being hard, "Yoo Hana will be confined to the lab or her bedroom until she can calm down and come to terms with her emotions. That's her punishment. But before that, I want to deal with the bodies of dead ones, and make a place for Hoseok to sleep. Understand?"

There were murmurs of agreement around the room and Jimin nodded, "Good. Move out. We start now,"

---

AN: It's time again for a mini competition!

The winners will, as before, be in the fic in the future!

Just answer this question:

Why do you think Taehyung is so protective over Bee? Why do you think their relationship is so strong?