♡What Were The Chances?|Part Eight♡

Listen to the song if ya want

♡♡♡

M

ichael.

(Y/N) laid in the backseat as I drove along. She was unconscious, and I was so worried.

"Don't worry," I spoke, hoping she could hear me. "Baby, it'll be alright. I've got you,"

My heart was racing as I finally brought the car to a stop, outside of the hospital. As I got out, several people recognized me - but I didn't pay attention. I needed to make sure that (Y/N) was okay.

I stopped a passing nurse, making her frown a little.

"Is everything okay, sir?" she inquired when she saw just how much I was panicking. "Sir?"

"Uh..my girlfriend," I managed. "She's in the backseat...and she's unconscious..she's got a fever...and and.." I couldn't speak properly.

The nurse nodded before beckoning several other nurses her way. One of the brought a gurney along, and in the blink of an eye - (Y/N) was being wheeled into the emergency unit. I followed closely. I needed her to be alright.

Once she had disappeared into the emergency unit - I stood in the foyer, more anxious that anyone could possibly be.

The minutes seemed to fly by like hours, making me more nervous with each second that passed. I didn't bother to sit down, and at that point - hospital security had to keep the screaming fans at bay.

Oh, (Y/N). My (Y/N) - please be alright.

Suddenly, the emergency unit door opened - revealing a male doctor. He walked up to me with a slight frown.

"Are you here for Mrs. Davis?"

"Yes," I swallowed. "How is she? Is she alright?"

"I'm afraid we had a case of severe internal bleeding. Mr. Jackson, Mrs. Davis didn't make it," the doctor sighed sadly. "Also, as a part of our disclosure rule, we must inform you that she was three months pregnant as well,"

My whole world came crashing down. Both John and I had lost a great deal. He lost his child, and I lost (Y/N). The (Y/N) who was so special to me.

I brought my hand up to cover my mouth as the tears ran down my face.

"I'm sorry," the doctor patted my shoulder before walking away.

~♡~

Several days later, everyone had gathered for the funeral. John was pretty messed up, and so was I. But since (Y/N) had been with me during the last moments of her life - I prepared the funeral service.

The priest spoke, blessing (Y/N)'s body that laid inside a pristine white coffin. Tears ran down my face as her mother cried loudly.

It was sad. I had begun to question everything. Was there a God? And if so, why was he so cruel?

Why (Y/N)?

She was the sweetest person anyone could have ever met. Why her, and not me? I'd have sacrificed my life for hers in an instant.

As I closed my eyes, I began to reflect.

What were the chances that we could've had a happy life?

And with that, the priest concluded the blessing - leaving the rest of us to grieve.

•☆☆☆•
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love!
Isha♡
•☆☆☆•