♡Psyche|Part Six♡

You let out a sigh and groaned out of frustration. Running your fingers through your hair, you mind continued to focus on the one thing that it shouldn't have. The thoughts, of Thomas' outburst, had been running through your mind.

For the entire day, you could not concentrate. Your thoughts seemed to revolve around the events that had unfolded the night before.

"Shit," you whispered to yourself, feeling anxious.

Suddenly, someone knocked at your office door. You quickly straightened up, shoving your things to one side of the desk before speaking.

"Come in,"

The door opened, and to your surprise - Michael walked in with a small gift bag. Your eyes widened when you saw him.

"Mr. Jackson," you smiled a little.

"Please," he chuckled, shutting the door behind him. "Call me Michael,"

"Only if you'll call me (Y/N)," you responded. Michael walked over to take a seat across from you, setting the bag down onto the desk.

"This is for you," he pushed the gift bag toward you. "For the help that you were to me...yesterday," he bit his lip. "You're one of the nicest people that I've ever met,"

You broke into a genuine smile, reaching for the bag.

"You didn't have to," you laughed, opening the bag to find a box of expensive chocolates. "Wow," you looked up at him. "This must have...cost a lot of money. I...can't accept this-"

"Please," he interjected. "It would make me happy if you accepted it,"

You chuckled quietly in defeat, setting the bag to the side. Michael studied your features before his eyes widened upon seeing your hands.

When you noticed that he had seen them, you bit your lip shyly.

"What...happened?" he frowned, shaking his head. "If you don't mind me asking..."

"Uh.." you swallowed nervously. "I broke a plate last night and accidentally cut myself,"

"(Y/N)...those don't look like ordinary cuts," he cleared his throat. "Are you...sure everything's fine?"

You nodded quickly, bringing your hands to rest on your lap. Michael continued to stare at you before his eyes drifted to a framed photograph of you and Thomas, sitting atop your desk.

He looked back at you, eventually widening his eyes slightly.

"Are...you..in an abusive relationship?"

"With all due respect, Michael," you breathed. "That is personal,"

Michael stayed silent, nodding after a moment.

"My apologies,"

"It's fine,"

"Are you...free...this afternoon?" he quickly changed the subject. "I'd like you to come over to Neverland again, I could show you around," he smiled a little. "It's the least I could do to repay you for your kindness,"

You bit your lip, contemplating. The first time you had been to Neverland was magical, and you certainly didn't mind going again.

"I'd be honored to do so,"

✻✻✻✻
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love! xxx
Isha
✻✻✻✻