♡You And I♡

You let out a soft sigh, leaning back against the sofa. The night was quiet, and quite depressing - if you could say so yourself. Michael, your boyfriend, wasn't home yet, and you had begun to worry about him. Despite living with him at Neverland, he seemed to be growing more and more distant from you with each day that passed. You fiddled with your promise ring, a piece of jewelry that he had gifted you three years ago.

All members of staff had gone home for the night, leaving you alone with your thoughts. At the back of your mind, you knew that the 'Grammys' were coming up - and that was one of the main reasons why Michael had been so busy lately. But at the same time, you knew that he was spending an awful lot amount of time with Madonna. For some reason, you just didn't like the woman.

She was fierce and bold, too bold for your liking.

And you knew what the industry was all about, in fact - you worked with musicians too. You were more of an academic rather than a performer, but you were very good at your job nevertheless.

You closed your eyes, feeling a few tears stream down your face. Michael was growing too distant from you, you didn't know whether he still loved you or not. 

After a moment, you heard the front door open - making you straighten up. As expected, Michael walked in with a tired look on his face.

You stood up, preparing to greet your boyfriend.

"Hi," you smiled, your voice coming out quiet. All he did was look at you before diverting his gaze.

"Hi," he mumbled lowly. You walked up to him, making him bring his eyes back to you.

"Are you...okay?" you laughed a little.

Michael bit his lip, staying silent.

"Yeah, I'm just...tired," he shook his head. "I'll...go to bed,"

He prepared to walk past you. At that moment, you found yourself feeling desperate. Desperate to bridge the gap that had presented itself between you and the man you loved.

"Michael, wait," you breathed, taking another step forward. "Can we...talk?"

"About what?" he sighed tiredly.

"Us," you said as-a-matter-factly, shrugging a little. "We've barely been communicating with each other for the past few months,"

"What do we have to talk about?" he brought his fingers to pinch the bridge of his nose. "There's nothing there for us to talk about,"

"Are you serious?" you frowned. "We barely even talk anymore. Half of the time, you're coming home late, and now - I don't even know where we stand!"

Michael stayed silent, fiddling with his fingers. You waited for a minute, expecting him to say something.

But he said nothing.

"Michael, please," you searched his eyes for an answer. "Let me in. Tell me what's going on,"

"I don't want to talk," he narrowed his eyes. "And if you don't like where we are, you can leave,"

☆☆☆•
Thank you so much for reading!
This was a request from idkkamila
I'll definitely make this a mini series, I hope you're okay with it!
If it sucks, I'm deeply sorry!
Lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love!
Isha♡
•☆☆☆•