♡Who You Are♡

Note: This imagine is based on actual events in my life - I actually have only two coats that I wear alternatively with different bottoms - and people judge me a lot because they always see me in the same thing😳
It hurts a lot, so I decided to write this imagine, I hope you enjoy!

~☆✻☆✻☆~

You stared at your reflection in the mirror, letting out a sigh as you did so. Michael, your husband, was waiting downstairs for you as you got ready in the bedroom. The two of you were going to have dinner, and as much as you would've liked to be excited - you weren't.

The reason?

The way you looked. You had always been an insecure person, and you usually wore loose fitting clothes to hide your imperfections. On top of that, you had always been extremely fussy with your clothes. It had to fall a certain way, and it had to look a certain way. In fact, that was the only reason that you possessed only two coats that you would wear when going out.

While others had pretty tops, and pretty dresses - you wore coats, just to hide everything. Normally, you would wear a coat over different bottoms - and many people had seen you in the same thing most of the time.

Michael, of course, didn't have a problem with it. He loved you for you - and if the way you dressed made you happy, he was happy as well.

But that was the problem - you weren't necessarily happy. You wanted to be like everyone else, but that was the way God had made you - and accepting it was difficult.

Your eyes began to tear up just as Michael opened the bedroom door. He had a smile on his face, but it quickly faded away when he saw your sad expression.

"Hey," he frowned, walking in and shutting the door. "What's wrong?"

You bit your lip and shook your head. "I just...." you trailed off while sniffling. "I hate myself so much,"

"What?!" he gawked, walking up to you. "(Y/N)....why on earth would you hate yourself?" he pulled you closer to him - looking into your eyes.

You sighed, blinking back the tears.

"It's just...so hard," you whispered. "To accept the way I am. I wish I could be like other girls and-"

"But you're not like the other girls," he frowned. "And that's why I love you. Because you're different. You believe in everything I do, and I couldn't be more thankful for that," he studied you intently.

"It's just that...people judge, and I'm starting to feel so exhausted," you sniffed.

"(Y/N), listen to me," he set his hands on your waist. "There is no law that states that you can't wear certain pieces of clothing all the time. Fashion is made up by Man, and as humans - we aren't perfect....which means that trends and fashion aren't necessarily perfect either," he laughed a little. "I guess what I'm trying to say is...you're perfect the way you are because God made you like that," he kissed your forehead.

You broke into a smile and blushed a little. "You always know what to say,"

"When do I not?" he wiggled his eyebrows. The two of you broke into laughter before settling down.

"I love you, Michael," you shook your head, looking into his eyes.

"I love you more, (Y/N),"

༻❁༺
Yes, that sucked.
No, I'm not sorry.
Thank you for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love! xxx
Isha
༻❁༺