♡Something Momentary♡

You readjusted your handbag, walking into the bar that your best friend, Janice, had called you to. You let out a sigh, and frowned when you realized that the entire place was dark. Biting your lip, you suddenly jumped when the lights came on - and a bunch of people yelled surprise.

Janice ran up to you, throwing her arms around you.

"Happy birthday, (Y/N)!" she squealed.

You broke into laughter as she pulled away, looking at you with wide eyes.

"I know you told me not to give you a surprise party," she giggled. "But I just had to!" she clapped happily. "Are you mad?"

"No!" you shook your head with a grateful smile. "Thank you, really!" you spoke over the loud music. People were everywhere, and in the distance - you saw Janice's fiance, your good friend, Michael Jackson.

When his eyes landed on you, he walked up to you and Janice, a small smile painted on his face.

"Hi," he held his hand out for you to shake. "Happy birthday!"

You laughed as Janice wrapped her arms around Michael. You blushed a little as you took his hand, shaking it.

"Thank you," you nodded. Your heart skipped a beat as he released your hand, making you look away.

"Now, can we just party, and have fun?!" Janice giggled as she grabbed a glass of wine from a passing waiter.

Michael and yourself broke into a fit of giggles before Janice dragged him away. Fiddling with your fingers, you made your way to the bar - wincing a little from how loud the music was.

A minute passed before you felt someone walk up to you. You smiled widely when you saw that it was your best male friend - Dexter.

"(Y/N)!" Dexter grinned as he asked the bartender for a shot. He turned around and leaned back against the bar table, keeping his eyes on you. "Please tell me you didn't let Janice run off with the man you love!"

"Sh! Shut up!" you hit his chest playfully. The truth was, you were deeply in love with Michael, and Dexter knew it. Michael and you had met in college, and had become very close - until Janice had thrown herself at him.

You blamed yourself for not telling Michael that you loved him sooner, but now that your best friend was about to marry him - you felt that it was better to keep your mouth shut.

After a moment, Dexter waved his hand in front of your face. You widened your eyes and snapped back to your senses.

"You're daydreaming again," he narrowed his eyes.

You bit your lip and looked away. You shook your head and grabbed your bag.

"I need to get out of here," you whispered - walking out of the bar.

~♡~

After you had left the party, you had gone straight to your apartment. A part of you had felt bad for leaving your own birthday party, but you just couldn't stand the place. You ran your fingers through your hair, enjoying the feeling of your makeup free face.

A moment passed before you walked out into the living room, only to hear someone knocking at the front door. A frown formed on your face as you made your way to the door, opening it.

"Michael?" you questioned with furrowed eyebrows. He stared at you, his hands shoved into the pockets of his pants.

"Is it true?" he whispered. "That you've felt the same way about me for all these years?" his eyes were teary.

"The...same way?" you blinked in confusion.

Without another word, Michael stepped forward and kissed you.

•☆☆☆•
I know it sucked.
Lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love!
Isha♡
•☆☆☆•