♡Conundrum♡

You sighed as you leaned back against the headboard of the bed, blinking tiredly. You looked out at the night sky, feeling a tinge of sadness as you noticed how dark the night was. The stars were the only source of light, and the moon was the master. You fiddled with your fingers, letting out another breath.

Slowly, your eyes moved to glance at your elegant wrist watch, noting that it was an hour after midnight.

An hour after midnight, and your husband - Michael, still hadn't returned home from the studio. Well, at least that's where you had believed him to be. He had promised you that he would try to be home before midnight, but yet again - he couldn't live up to his promise.

Not that you minded - of course, you understood that his work was demanding; you just hoped that he was telling you the truth.

After a moment, you got up from the bed you were lying in. You took a long look around the bedroom before walking out. You descended the staircase, eventually bumping into Carol, the chief of staff.

She was wiping off the main coffee table before she sensed you. She straightened up and turned around, breaking into a wide smile when she saw you.

"(Y/N)," she walked up to you. "You're still awake?"

"Yeah," you sighed, shrugging. "Michael still isn't home,"

"Ah," she nodded. "I understand,"

You smiled before the front door opened. You turned your head, and saw that Michael had walked in. After he shut the door, Michael turned around and widened his eyes when he saw you.

He studied you briefly before looking away and making his way toward the staircase. He descended without a word, making you frown.

"I'll go and talk to him," you addressed Carol before following Michael. He entered the bedroom, and so did you - eventually shutting the door behind you.

You stood there for a good minute as your husband walked to the closet, fetching out a shirt and a pair of pants. He threw them on the bed, completely ignoring you.

"Michael?" you took a step forward. He straightened up and looked at you.

"What?" he frowned.

"How....was your day?" you smiled awkwardly.

Michael scoffed slightly, shaking his head before beginning to unbutton his shirt.

"Is something wrong?" you questioned. "Did I do something wrong?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Uh, because you're giving me attitude," you laughed a little. "Michael, have I done something wrong?"

"No," he clenched his jaw. "Work is just...stressful,"

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No," he brushed past you, grabbing a towel from the small shelf behind you. He cleared his throat at the closeness of the two of you before shaking his head and pulling away.

"Michael, I'm-"

"Look, can we just...not talk?" he suddenly interjected, making his way to the bathroom. "I'm not in the mood,"

With that, he entered the bathroom and slammed the door shut. You simply stood there in shock.

What the hell just happened?!

~✻✻✻✻~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~✻✻✻✻~