♡Sweet Lies♡

You let out a tired sigh as you walked into the living room. Michael, your husband, was seated with several other man - presumably discussing important business matters. Fiddling with your wedding ring, you walked into the kitchen and leaned back against the counter. Unwelcome tears began to stream down your face. Your right hand moved to your small tummy - rubbing it gently. But alas, it was not as she expected it to be. 

Stifling yet another sob, you wiped the tears away from your face as Carol - the chief of staff, walked into the kitchen. She had a smile on her face, but that quickly changed when she spotted your tear stained cheeks. Letting out a sigh, she walked up to you and rubbed your back.

"Honey," she cooed. "Oh dear," she sighed.

You sniffled as she hugged you. 

"I can't do this anymore, Carol," you whimpered. "I just can't,"

"(Y/N)," she pulled away to look at you. "I know it's difficult," she whispered. "And I'm sorry. But perhaps you should tell Michael as soon as you can," she furrowed her eyebrows. "He can't be in the dark about this,"

"I know," you wiped the rest of your face with the back of your hand. "But what am I supposed to tell him? How do I do it?"

"Do what?" Michael's voice suddenly interruped you and Carol. He had a soft smile on his face, and his eyes sparkled as he looked at you.

"Michael," you laughed nervously. "I thought you were in a meeting,"

"I was," he chuckled, walking up to you and tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. "But now that's finished," he grinned. "So what should we do now? We have the whole day ahead of us,"

Carol sighed before excusing herself, disappearing from the kitchen. Your eyes were swollen, and your palms were sweaty.

"(Y/N)," Michael frowned a little. "Is everything okay?"

You sighed and cleared your throat.

"How about we go out for a walk, around the gardens," you proposed. Michael broke into a wide smile as he took your hand in his.

"That sounds like a great idea,"

~♡~

For about half an hour, the two of you walked in silence. Michael had a peaceful smile on his face, and his hands rested behind his back.

Your heart was racing the entire time. You eventually came to a stop, and so did Michael. When he saw how uneasy you looked, he furrowed his eyebrows.

"(Y/N)?" he breathed.

"Michael...there's..something that I need to tell you," you bit your lip. "But I don't know how you're going to react,"

"What is it?" he smiled a little. "Baby, you can tell me anything,"

You swallowed nervously before the tears began to stream down your face.

"I was pregnant, Michael," you shook your head.

"Was?..." he stared at you in shock. "What do you mean?"

"I...I...was three months pregnant," you began to sob. "And I killed my baby!"

"Wait...wait...what exactly happened?" Michael moved closer to you.

"I...several days ago - I was trying to decorate our bedroom, and I fell from the chair that I was standing on," you wept. "I was so excited to tell you that I was pregnant, I couldn't wait for you to get home that evening," you shook your head, folding your arms. "And....when I miscarried...I just...I couldn't bring myself to tell you,"

"How long..have you kept this from me?" his jaw tightened.

"Four months," you whispered. Michael widened his eyes.

"Four months?!" he snapped. "For four long months, you were fooling me?!"

"Michael-"

"I can't believe this," he ran his fingers through his hair. "I can't believe this!"

You tried to pull Michael's hand, but he backed away from you - shaking his head. For the first time, he looked at you as if you were a stranger, and it hurt like hell.

With that, you watched your husband turn around and make his way back to the mansion.

•☆☆☆•
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love!
Isha♡
•☆☆☆•