Chapter 26

I sat there, beside him, crying, begging him to come back and not to leave me alone. I kept on shaking his body to wake him up but it doesn't wake him. Blake convinced me to stop and accept that he's gone but I wouldn't listen. Why would I? I know that he won't leave me. He would never leave me alone. Leah stood beside his bed, crying with Erick beside her, comforting her and he tried his best to keep from crying but he failed anyway.

Vanessa soon came, convincing me to stop and I ignored her like I did to Blake, my brother. She comforted me while I was crying uncontrollably, begging him to come back. I was the one who's supposed to be in his position. He don't deserve to be in this situation. His pack and people were safe before I came here, in their life. I ruined everything here. I bring danger where ever I go. I'm not suppose to be here, living.

Erick sighed and walked over to me before pulling me off of Jayce. "Amelia look at me! I know you love him, Amelia. Jayce wouldn't like it to see you cry. He wants you to be happy. You don't want him to be upset, don't you?" He said and I shook my head, still crying. Erick pulled me to him and hugged me as he comfort me. I cried into his chest and I clenched a fist of his shirt. I wasn't ready for this, for loosing him.

"Amelia" A familiar deep hoarse voice called out and I pulled back away from Erick. I looked up at Erick in confusion. His eyes were wide open, looking pass, behind me and he smiled, weakly. I turned my body around to see what he's looking at and my eyes widen, seeing Jayce awake, smiling at me. He held his hand out for me and I stood there, frozen before crashing into him. He hugged me, tightly and kissed the top of my head.

I, soon pulled back, looking up at him and he cupped my face with his hand before crashing his lips with mine. "I never thought I would leave you, love" He said, his voice a bit hoarse and Blake passed him a glass of water. He thanked Blake before drinking the water and he scanned the room. I stood from the bed, giving him some space to look at the others. Leah smiled, tears still falling down her cheek and Jayce shook his head at her, signaling her to stop crying.

He opened his arm and Leah hugged him. I smiled, looking at them both and Blake nodded at me, smiling. I'm happy to see how care Jayce is for his little sister, Leah. Jayce said something to her and she nodded at him, smiling before pulling back to stand beside Erick. Jayce looked at Blake and Blake nodded before walking out of the room, the others following behind, leaving Jayce and I alone. I turned my gaze towards Jayce to see him smiling widely and I sighed.

He pulled me by my hand and he hugged me tightly, kissing my forehead. "I love you" He said and I pulled away to look at him but he pulled me even closer to him. I sighed, burrying my face into his chest and I could feel him smile. He loosen his hold and I looked up at him. "Hello love" He said and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He chuckled lowly and I said, "Let me call Dxton" His smile dropped as he shook his head, no and I pulled away from him. "You just woke up from a coma, " I told him and he sighed.

Blake came in with Dxton and a smile made it's way on my face. Dxton bowed at me and I shook my head at him. He walked towards Jayce and said, "Jayce how are you feeling?" I furrowed my eyebrows looking at Dxton, confused and Blake mind-linked me, 'You still need to learn about us' I looked at Blake as he smirked at me and I rolled my eyes at him. He's been watching me huh? An idea came to my mind and Blake's smirk dropped as he saw me, smirking.

"Amelia, love" A hoarse voice called out and I looked at Jayce, seeing him holding his hand out for me. Dxton stood beside Blake with his arm cross and I sat on the chair beside Blake's bed. Jayce caressed my cheek as I lean into his touch and my eyes burst into tears. "Amelia, please don't cry. Shh it's alright. I'm here" Jayce said and I shook my head at him. "No, Jayce. I'm sorry that you have to be here. I put danger to you and this pack. I bring danger wherever I go" I told him.

"Amelia, you don't bring danger here. It's their fault that this pack are in danger but not you. Please, don't blame yourself" Blake said and I looked at him, still crying. His face held pain and I cried even more. He walked towards me and kneeled down beside my chair. "Amelia, don't get it wrong. Please, little sister. I just- I failed to protect you and your biological father. My father hate him and now he hate you. He won't let mother to even talk to you. It hurt me to see how hurt you look when father being harsh to you. You're innocent, Amy and that just makes it even worse. You did nothing wrong and father hate you. Why? Because you're not his biological daughter?  Well that's just stupid!"

"He's stupid to hate you and being harsh to you. He's brainless to not think before he did to do so. Amelia, you will always be my little sister no matter what. I don't care that we're not full blooded siblings because I love you as my sister. I will do anything for my only sister. I promise that, Amelia. I promise to protect, defend and take care of you. I know you already found your mate, Jayce but it doesn't matter. I will always protect you" Blake said and I smiled, weakly as I nodded my head at him.

He smiled before pulling me and I hugged him as he did the same. I could feel Jayce's gaze at us and I ignore it. What I care now is that I have my brother here with me. I'm happy that I have a very caring brother like Blake. Blake pulled away,  kissing my cheek before walking towards Dxton and I turned my gaze towards Jayce to see him smiling widely at me. He nodded at me and said, "That's the best scene that I had ever seen. I'm glad someone other than me care for you"

Blake and Dxton chuckled lowly and my cheek turned crimson red. I heard a knock on the door and Blake let them in. The door open to reveal Madison and Jayden, walking towards Jayce. Blake turned into a protective mode and I shook my head. "Alpha, how are you feeling?" Madison asked and Jayce said, "Never been better. What about you?" They talked to each other while I'm sitting there, on the chair and Jayden started, "Amelia, can I speak with you for a minute, alone?"

I looked at him, wide eye and I nodded, slowly. We walked out of the room and sat on the hospital chair. We were quite for a long minute as I played with my finger and Jayden started the conversation, breaking the awkward silence. "Amelia, I'm sorry for being harsh to you. You've been through a lot of hard time and I made it even worse for you. I know how it feel to be you. I mean I'm not one of those special wolves or something. I'm just a normal wolf, who was a beta of this pack" He stopped, looking at me and I nodded reassuringly.

"Don't worry, Amelia. I will protect and defend you. Once again, I'm sorry" He continued and I smiled at him as I replied, "It's okay. I know that you're mad that my biological father kidnapped mother and made her pregnant. So, it's fine but I just-" I stopped and shook my head as I stood from my seat. I excused myself to go to the washroom and he nodded before he walked into Jayce's room. I sighed and walked to the washroom.

I wash my face and looked my reflection on the mirror. My eyes were red, I had a bag under my eyes and I looked pale. I hung my head low with my eyes closed and someone from behind me said, "I'm surprised to see you here" I opened my eyes and shot my head up to see a woman in maybe her twenties leaning against the door behind me. "You know, I'm proud that our Luna are a kind-hearted young woman" She told me.

I turned my body around to face her and she smiled, warmly at me. I stayed quiet, staring at her and she sighed. "I'm Bethany. I'm not in some sort of a position like you people. I'm just a regular, normal pack member. Did Alpha ever tell you about his past or his girlfriend or something?" She asked and I shook my head. She stood straight and excused herself to go but before she stepped out of the washroom, I asked, "What is it with Jayce and his past?"

She smiled at me and said, "That would be his to tell you. I'll see you later, Luna" With that, she walked out of the washroom and I stayed there for a long minute before walking back towards Jayce's room.