➳ fifty-eight

Monday.
The day Jihyo dreaded the most. Over the weekend, she was able to cheered up by her friends but the feeling immediately went back as she saw him.

Even just one glance made Jihyo's mood turn 180 degrees. She immediately ran to an opposite direction, not caring if it takes longer for her to reach her room.

She sat on her chair with a relieved sigh. That wasn't so bad. Now, she just had to survive the remaining periods out of his sight, just like what she wanted.

Lunch.
Jihyo grabbed her things and ran right after the bell rang. She didn't want to see hin outside her room waiting, so she rushed towards the cafeteria. A thing hit her, unfortunately.

They did share seats with the boys every lunch time.

Before Jihyo could retreat, she was then called by Nayeon, signalling her to where they were seating.

Well, the universe really hates her.

All of them were already there, occupying seats next to each other. The only seat left was beside... him. What could she do now? Everyone was looking at her, she didn't want to ditch her friends, but she didn't want to sit beside him, too. Her heart remained conflicted.

Time isn't cooperating either. She had to make a quick decision. And a dumb one, if she would be honest. Heavily sighing, she walked towards the table, sitting at the remaining empty seat.

The girls didn't even do anything, she knows that they know she hates him, yet why are they acting as if they know nothing?

Eating became pretty awkward for her and she couldn't look anywhere but her food. While her friends were animatedly chatting, she just sat there, eating her food.

As soon as she sensed him trying to initiate a conversation with her, she sped up her eating, and immediately stood up, garnering the attention from the others in the table.

"I-I'll be going now." Jihyo can't look at them in the eye, she hurriedly walked to the exit without waiting for her friends' replies. It's better this way.

However, she did not notice the worried looks on the faces of her friends as they looked at Yoongi, who seemed to be deep in thought. He was actually out of himself since earlier, and the reason was obvious.

"I'm done." Yoongi suddenly said and also left the cafeteria, leaving the others shocked.

"Getting them to talk to each other is gonna be hard." The circle of friends just nodded as they worried about the two.