➳ forty-seven

Jihyo's POV

What was that earlier and what made me that irritated? Even I do not know. But the sight of him being flocked with his... fangirls, irritated me so much.

My body seems to react differently from what I want to. And now clearly my jealousy—no wait, my irritation is showing, I'm pretty sure some would've seen now.

Yet the rest remained on their phones, smiling and giggling, which just made me feel left out. What were they even doing anyway?

Just as his fangirls dissolved to their own seats, I stood up, excusing myself to the bathroom. As dumb the excuse would sound, it's the only thing I could think of. Right now, I want to just avoid him all day—No, forever actually sounds good.

Thankfully, there was another exit, opposite of the way I entered earlier. I can't really bother looking backwards, even if my heart says so.

After reaching the exit, I just walked to where my feet would take me to. Taking a series of pointless steps, I've reached the school garden. It's a relief that no one was inside, I have the garden all to myself.

I entered the garden, feeling the breeze blow as I walked further inside. This area of the school makes me calm down the most, allowing me to close my eyes, and just avoid reality.

I slumped myself down a nearby bench, not bothering to reminisce what happened earlier. Just the thought makes me grit my teeth in frustration already.

Closing my eyes, I slowly take deep breaths to calm down, it's not like we're something anyway (or maybe I just hoped we were a thing.)

It does hurt. But I can't bring myself to go and express myself, it was never easy. I'm not one of those who could bring myself to tell someone that I like them. I'm stubborn. I've always known.

Just as I had calmed myself down, someone has made his entrance to the garden, too. And I didn't even bother looking, anyone could've known by now.

The calm before the storm, just like others would say.