➳ twenty-four

Jihyo's POV

I stood there, trying to believe that the sight I'm currently seeing was a joke. Eyes widened, tears suddenly building up my eyes.

Jungkook was there... but with Tzuyu.
They're talking about something rather intimate, in which I totally figured out.

The two lovingly smiled at each other, Jungkook eventually pulling Tzuyu to a hug.

It's too late now. I thought.

My feet started stepping backwards.
I loosened the grip on my phone, which eventually fell, but I didn't care.

The tears that were threatening to spill were finally released, blurring my vision.

I should be happy, right? I should be happy for my friend, but why am I feeling this way?

I shouldn't have come here. I shouldn't have asked to meet up with him. I got too fed up and did what I think was best that moment.

I fled the scene unnoticed, running away, without even looking back. Other things didn't matter anymore, right now I only want to escape from reality.

Yoongi's POV

Jungkook's been taking too long, so I decided to check what's going on. I still worry on how Jihyo might feel, but it's for the best.

Eventually, Jihyo came running down the stairs. It's my chance. I trapped her before she could pass by me, my hands blocking the way.

"What happened?" I asked, as if I don't know what's going on.

"It doesn't matter. Go away." She pushed me, and I couldn't do anything but let her. She ran away, and just a few moments later, she was out of sight.

Her tone was way different than usual. Her voice was stern and serious, definitely different from her bubbly tone. Seeing her in this state made me regret doing that to her.

I have to do something. I ran to where I last saw her, and thought of possible places she might want to be at.

To his right, was a classroom that wasn't occupied by any class. The reason was unknown, and the students didn't bother checking the room.

Yoongi could have sworn he heard faint sobs in that area, so he decided to check if Jihyo was in there.

When he was about to open the door, he retreated his hand, thinking that she might need space for now. So he waited, he waited until he could hear nothing.