4.7

I awoke to the room filled with balloons

I awoke to the room filled with balloons. I sat up in the bed, taking in the beautiful view of Toronto. By the bed was a number one ballon with a heart. Today was Aubrey and I's one-year anniversary. We had been married for a a year. 365 days. But what kept nagging at me was the fact that he hadn't even been faithful for a year. I continued to push this to the back of my mind to try and enjoy this day. I stood from the bed, wrapping my white robe around myself and tying it right above my bump. In front of the large windows was a small black coffee table. On top of the table was four red gift bags. In the first was a Gucci's box. I opened the box to reveal a small pair of baby sneakers. They were just too adorable. Inside the tiny Gucci envelope inside the box was a note that read, "For da baby💕."

The next bag was smaller

The next bag was smaller. I took out a black velvet jewelry box. It was a diamond encrusted link bracelet and another diamond encrusted star bracelet. It was absolutely beautiful. I loved the subtlety of it. I never really liked to be flashy with my jewelry so this was perfect. There was another note that said, "My shining star." The next bag also had a black velvet box but was much heavier. When I opened it, I was blinded by colored diamonds - blue, yellow, pink, and clear. It was the OVO owl on a link chain. This was definitely the type of flashy I'm talking about. It had to be worn with a specific outfit for a specific event. The note attached to the top of the box read, "Part of the team💸."

After placing the chain back in the box, I moved into the next back. There was a clear acrylic box that held a gold diamond Cuban link chain. This was one of my favorite gifts. It was exquisite. The perfect weight and size. The next note said, "Just a little ice for my queen💎." I guess I must've sang 'Ice Me Out' a little too hard the other day. By the door was a trail of rose petals that led to the kitchen. On the island was waffles, strawberries, turkey bacon, and a glass of orange juice. I ate a few pieces of bacon and some strawberries while looking around. No one was anywhere to be found. The kids definitely weren't around because I would've heard them. While sipping the orange juice, I spotted another note on the living room table.

I picked up the note and had a seat on the couch. "Good morning, KiKi. Happy first anniversary. This is one of the best days of my life. Fourth to the day we got engaged, our wedding day, and the day Aubrielle was born. Enjoy your breakfast! I just went to get a few things ready for the day. My mom flew home with the kids. There's a warm bath waiting for you. I had Amara fly out a dress for you with a purse and some shoes. After you get dressed, Chubbs will escort you downstairs. I'll be waiting for you ." I teared up a little at this note. I closed the note and went to eat the food on the island. As soon as I had a seat, I got a Instagram DM. It was from Kylie.