4.1 Pt1

Love Galore by SZA ft Travis Scott

*two weeks later*

Aubrey and I are currently packing for our trip to Barbados. I'm so happy that we're finally going. I can't wait for my family to meet my husband and kids. We almost didn't end up going because Aubrey's new OVO shop opened the day before we were suppose to be leaving. Everything turned out fine thankfully.

After I packed my bags and put them near the door, I went to pack the kids bags. Aubrielle's clothes are so small that she only needed one bag. We'd only be there for like a week anyway. Jace needed two. He insisted on bringing games and toys to occupy his time. As soon as I did finished packing their bags, I gave Aubrielle's a bath and helped her get dressed.

I put her in a denim dress with white trim and  brown moccasin sandals. I wet her hair and brushed it into a half up half down style.

"Mommy, can I wear this?" Aubrielle pulls out Jace's old army jacket.

"Of course, sweetie" I take it from her and role up the sleeves before putting it on her.

She takes my hand as we walk to Jace's room. I lightly knock on the door.

"Jace, are you dressed?" I ask.

"Yeah" I hear him yell before I hear something like glass break.

I open the door quickly and see Jace staring at a broken base on the floor with a soccer ball in his hands.

"How many times have I told you not to play with balls in the house?" I ask.

"Dad let's me do it" he responds.

"This isn't your dad's house, is it?" I ask, putting Aubrielle on my hip, "Now go ask Rosie if she'll clean this up for you. And make sure you say please".

Rosie is the person we hired to help with the house work. She does things like the laundry and dishes. She's been a big help and I really appreciate it.

Jace puts down the ball and runs out of the room. I roll his bags out into the hallway as Aubrielle gets down to get her little bag. I slide Jace's bag down the stairs while Rosie takes Aubrielle's on the way up the stairs.

"Thank you" Aubrielle says.

"You're welcome, cariña" she smiles.

Thanks to a couple years of Spanish classes, I can tell that Rosie called Brielle sweetheart. Ever since Rosie started, Aubriella runs around the house saying 'Cariña, Cariña!'. She loves it when Rosie plays music while she's cleaning.

I walk into the living room to see Aubrey sitting with the bags and drinking water. He was actually watching himself on Degrassi.