Chapter 13: Playing Footsie And Making A Bet

Hi Everyone!

Here's Chapter 13!

Enjoy!:)

~~~~~~~

Ava's P.O.V.

**1 hour later**

Everyone was gathered around the patio table outside eating, talking, and laughing. The sun was setting making the sky turn an orangish-pinkish color. To the right of me sat Charlie and across from me sat Liam. Liam was quiet and kept taking quick glances at me; but would look away when I looked at him.

Talk about being abnormal. This was unusual of Liam. 'Maybe I hurt his feelings? Should I feel guilty of what I said earlier about him having a short memory span? Perhaps I should apologize to him later after dinner.' So many thoughts were going through my head, that I didn't notice mom calling my name until someone kicked my ankle causing me to flinch. 'Ow!' I looked across the table to find Liam smirking at me. I guess he is back to his normal self. No need to apologize now. Liam started nodding his head in the direction where the parents sat.

"Ava!" My mom called.

"Yeah?"

"Candace (Mrs. Ross), wants to know what grade your going to be in this coming school year."

I looked over at Mrs. Ross and smiled. "I'm going to be a senior this year in high school."

"Oh, Liam is going to be a senior in high school too. I bet you guys are going to be such great friends." Mrs. Ross happily responded.

After a few minutes of talking with Mrs. Ross, she turned back to talk with the adults.

I was about to take a bite out of my hamburger when Liam began speaking to me.

"When are we starting school?" As he said this, he had a curious expression on his face that made him look cute.

'Wait, hold on?! Did I just say that Liam, as in Cheerios murderer Liam, looked cute? Well that's weird.'

"Umm, August 27th," I replied back.

I thought he was going to leave the conversation at that, so I picked up my hamburger to continue on with eating. But right when the hamburger was centimeters from my mouth, Liam began speaking again.

"Isn't that two and a half weeks from now?"

"Yep," was my short reply.

A few minutes after of awkward silence, Liam started talking. Again.

"I bet you twenty dollars that we are going to be in all the same classes as each other."

I rolled my eyes. "How can you be so sure?" I questioned. "You're willing to risk twenty dollars on a bet you're most likely going to lose at?"

Liam shrugged. "No. I just have a feeling I could predict the future and win the bet."

That was not a reasonable answer. "Well, okay then. But if you are wrong, then your twenty dollars are mine."

His smirk was back on his face. "Fine. But then if I win, you'll have to give me twenty dollars in return."

"Okay."

"Okay."

Liam suddenly stuck out his hand, over the table, for us to shake on it. I didn't know what I was getting into. Although, I was certain that I was going to win. I took his warm, callused hand into my small one and shook it, sealing the deal.

I don't know about you, but to me, it seemed as if me and Liam were dealing drugs or something. 'I feel dangerous! Haha!'

After letting go of each other's hands, we continued eating in silence as if nothing happened. Though, while I was eating, I started noticing how my ankle felt as if it had gotten hit by a train. 'Ugh. Why did Liam have to kick so hard? I'll show him how much pain I was in!' And with that, I kicked his shin, under the table, with all my might. I didn't want to miss his reaction so I watched him.