Chapter 20: We're Running From Plastic

Hey my lovely readers! :)

I was able to update! Whoo!

I would like to give a shoutout thanks to @Umai997 for making two wonderful covers for Prince Charming Lives NextDoor. One of them to the side.

So here's chapter 20! Enjoy!:D

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

**4 Days Later**

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

My eyes snapped open, shooting glances everywhere for the source of the annoying sound. Looking towards my bedside table, I found my alarm clock blinking. 'Why had I set my alarm clock at 5:30 a.m. in the morning?! The sun wasn't even up yet! Well, it kind of was. I think. I don't know. Though, was I not thinking straight last night? Or am I just crazy to set an alarm this early in the morning?' I reached over and pressed the off button, silencing the hectic noise.

Lying on my back, I stared up at my bedroom's blank white ceiling. 'Why had I set my alarm clock? What is today?' That's when it clicked. 'TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOl! DUH!' I lazily flung my warm fluffy blanket off of me, and got up out of bed. I walked over to my window to open the curtains. I usually don't open them, but since school is here now, I should let the sunrise in, right? However, opening those curtains was, I think, the biggest mistake I have ever made in my whole entire life. I quickly ducked under my window, squeezing my eyes shut, praying he didn't see me.

I mentally hit my head against the wall. 'Why oh why did this have to happen to me? It seriously had to happen on the first day of school?! This is just going to make it awkward between us. How am I supposed to act around him? I can't actually go up to him and say, "Hi Liam! I'm going to be acting awkward around you today because I saw your six pack and back muscles through your bedroom window this morning. You forgot to close your freaking curtains or blinds!"'

Yep. You heard me. I saw Liam Ross' muscles through my bedroom window. I didn't even know there was a window to his bedroom across from mine there. 'I've been living in this house for more than seventeen years and I didn't know? Why didn't anyone tell me?!' I let out the breath I was holding, trying to calm myself down. But how was I supposed to calm down? Right now, I was literally freaking out thinking about what had just happened.

I haven't seen or talked to Liam for the past 3 days. Then, the first time I see him after those days, I find him shirtless in his bedroom through my bedroom window. 'Why does life have to do this to me?! Sure we kissed, but it didn't mean anything, right? It was just to get out of the situation. It's not like Liam and I are dating. Psh. No. That would just be crazy!'

A few minutes later, I decided it was time to check if the close was clear. I got up on my knees and peek my head from under the window. I let out a sigh of relief. Liam wasn't in his bedroom anymore. 'Well that's great.' I stood back up on my feet, and started making my way towards my closet.

Picking out an outfit for the first day of school was challenging. I didn't want to wear anything too fancy or anything opposite of that, so I chose a yellow and white striped tank top, paired with jean shorts and grey converse shoes without shoelaces. Running a comb through my hair was painful. It was all tangled up in knots. But once I was finished brushing all the tangles out, my brown hair was straight and silky smooth. I brought my hair up into a high ponytail, and slipped on a yellow stone bracelet to finish off my look. I walked over to my bed's footboard and took hold of one of the backpack straps from my purple yak-pak backpack and slung it onto my shoulder.

After I had gotten my backpack, I headed downstairs. I walked through the entrance of the kitchen, then over to the fridge. 'Hmmm. What should I eat for breakfast? Oh! I know! Cheerios!' But just when I closed the refrigerator's door, a person's voice popped up out of nowhere making me jump up in fright.