Chapter 28: I'll Do Anything... Just Keep Her Out Of It

Here's an update!!

Liam's P.O.V.

Enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Liam's P.O.V.

I watched as she opened the door to her house. Avalon turned around and waved bye.

I cupped both of my hands around my mouth. "Bye, Avalon!"

"Goodnight, Sir Lancelot!!" She replied back sarcastically. The smile on her face seemed to brighten the darkening evening sky like a guardian angel.

'God! What's happening to me? I'm becoming too. . . too. . . girly. It's starting to kind of freak me out.'

Today went better as I had planned. I imagined Ava running away from me, finally knowing that I used to be a player. But, I guess reality had different plans.

Once she closed the door, I made my way towards my house. Gazing up at my bedroom window, I noticed my bedroom lamp was on.

'Huh! I don't remember switching it on this morning.'

As I got closer to the front door, I caught sight of a slim, shadowy figure walk pass by the window.

I stopped in my tracks and stared for a moment, waiting to catch a glimpse of the shadow, again. However, that never happened because it never passed by the window a second time. Instead, the lights in my room switched off. Blinking, I shook my head, thinking that it was just a figment of my imagination.

When I entered the house, all the lights were off. It was pitch black with only the casting shine of the moon through the windows.

I looked around the house while on my way into the kitchen, switching on the lights.

Right as the lights were switched on, my eyes suddenly landed on something. A blue rectangular container on the kitchen's granite island counter. Without a second thought I snatched it off the island and ripped it open. 'Oreos. Yum.'

Holding the Oreos, I started making my way to the stairs that led up to the bedrooms. Also, where my comfy bed awaits.

When I was halfway up the stairs, I began hearing footsteps getting louder and louder as I approached the top.

"Mom? Ben? Dad? Are you guys up here?" I questioned, checking to see if my parents or my younger brother were home. But, when the sound of footsteps suddenly stopped, I knew something was up. "Caden! If that's you, stop it right now! Or else I'm going to kick your ass!"

The creek of a door made me cringed in fright. I know exactly which door made that sound. It was my bedroom door. 'Crap. Who could it be?' My self conscience was telling me to run for my life; but, I just had to see what was making those noises.

When I reached the top of the stairs, I turned in the direction of my bedroom. The door was opened a crack. A line of golden light was seeping through the slit.

I tip toed silently over towards the door, making sure I don't make a sound. As I stood right outside of it, I heard humming. Everything snapped in place. I knew only one person who would hum that song.

Flinging the door open, I startled the person inside the room. "Kaylee. What are you doing here?" She was sitting on the blue bean bag chair in the corner of my room.

Kaylee smiled. "Why? I can't visit my boyfriend?"

I started clenching my fists by my sides, digging my nails into the skin of my palm. "Kaylee. We aren't dating. I am not your boyfriend."