Chapter 34: Star Gazing, A Kiss, And An I Love You

I would like to give a shout out to @VelveteenStuffing and @snooddogg for helping me on a school assignment towards the beginning of May. I was planning on thanking them in one of the earlier chapters, but I kept changing and switching the chapters I was writing. So yeah...

Enjoy chapter 34!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, Gracie. I promise I'll have a tea party with you; but not right now." I gestured towards the pile of study packets in front of me on the desk."I have finals coming up and my stupid teachers gave us these stupid study packets to finish."

For the past half-hour, Gracie had been complaining to me about how bored she was. Last week, I was there to keep her company since I didn't have anything to do due to my injury. Now, since this week started, I was bombarded with homework: the day I returned back to school.

Gracie pouted with wide eyes. "Please, Ava? Please?"

I looked away, knowing she was trying to use her puppy dog eyes on me. "How about you ask Charlie?"

"What? Charlie? Ew, no! He's a boy!" She whined.

"And he's also your brother. Why don't you go watch SpongeBob with him?" I suggested.

She clasped her hands together and got on her knees. "Please, Av-"

But she was interrupted once the chime of the doorbell rang off the walls of the house. Without wasting any time, Gracie got to her feet and raced out of my room to get the door. Her loud stomps down the stairs filled the empty air besides the hum of the TV in the game room where Charlie was watching SpongeBob.

"Gracie! Check who it is before opening the-"

"Hi, Lily!" Gracie's voice was much quieter off in the distance, but I could still hear her perfectly clear. I instantly became baffled. "Do you want to have a tea party with me?"

A soft murmur of a "yes" was all I needed to confirm that Lily was actually here.

Suddenly, his chuckle echoed through the house. Recalling what Gracie just said a moment ago, she asked if Liam wanted to join the tea party with them.

"I'm sorry, ladies; but I already have a damsel in distress waiting for me."

After a few exchanged greetings with my parents, three pairs of footsteps began making there way up the stairs. Although, two of them retreated as they walked down the other end of the hall. On the other hand, the other set of footsteps which seemed to grow more heavier with each passing step, grew louder and louder as they drew nearer and nearer to my room. I immediately jumped off my desk chair and bounded towards my bedroom door to close it. But, before I could slam it shut, his foot wedged its way between the door, making it impossible to close it fully without someone getting hurt.

"It seems as though someone doesn't want to see me," Liam's voice implied from the other side of the half-closed-door.

I could feel the heat making its way onto my face after hearing the small evidence of hurt in his tone. Moving away from the door, I stepped a foot or two away from it. Liam slowly swung the door ajar once noticing there was no longer a barricade blocking him from entering the room.

After stepping inside, he looked me over once - observingly. "You okay?"

I let out an exasperated sigh and took a seat where I was sitting just seconds ago. "No. I'm confused."