Chapter 9: Crushing Egos With My Bike

Hey, people!

Here's chapter 9!

Enjoy:)

~~~~~~~~

Ava's P.O.V.

After working my double two hour shifts behind the cash register - a one 35 minute break in between - it was finally time to go home. Well, for me, it was. I glanced at the Diner's clock to find it to be exactly 4:05 p.m. I stepped aside from the cash register, to make room for my friend, Penny, to start her shift.

After untying my apron, I quickly walked it over to the storage room and hung it on my hook while also, retrieving my backpack. I strolled over towards the diner's doors.

"Bye, Barbra! Bye, George!"

Barbra stepped out from the storage room. "Have a good evening, Hun! Be safe!" She hollered at me, even though we were a few feet away.

I smiled. "You too!"

Right when I took a step outside, the warm summer weather enveloped me. It felt nice being outside. Especially being able to see the sea shore after exiting out of Cali's Diner.

I jogged over to the bike holder, unlocked my bike, and hopped on. I took out my iPod touch from my backpack and tapped shuffle. As I started pedaling, it began playing 'Rude by Magic!.'

On my way home, I softly hummed to the lyrics of the song...

'Why you gotta be so rude?'

'Don't you know I'm human too?'

'Why you gotta be so rude?'

'I'm gonna marry her anyway.'

'Marry that girl.'

'Marry her anyway.'

I find this song really interesting because it's about a guy asking his girlfriend's father for his blessing of their marriage, but the father keeps saying no. So the guy decides to still have the wedding and marry the girl even without the blessing.

I was so focused on the song that I didn't even know I was already in my neighborhood, until I crashed my bike into something; or more like, someone. This tends to happen to me a lot.

I looked down to see the same guy - who almost hit me with the Diner's door - on the ground groaning. He was clutching his man jewels with a pained emotion crossing his face.

Should I say an 'oops' or a 'hell yeah'?!

~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading chapter 9!

Sorry for such a short chapter.

So what do you think?

Please comment, vote, follow, whatever:)

Bye, you UNIQUE people!:)

NEXT UPDATE: Tomorrow