Chapter 26 Part 1: Drama, Complications, And The Truth

Happy 23 Days After New Years!!!!

Here's a special filler chapter update for you!

Enjoy! :D
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

I shot up in bed, startled by the loud noise. I looked around my room in confusion. 'What's happening? Is there a fire?' My head started to spin because of my sudden movement of jolting awake. I groaned and squinted my eyes shut waiting for the pounding to stop. 'Do I have a hangover or something?' I started to recall all the stuff that happened yesterday. Groaning again, I opened my eyes and reached over to turn off my alarm clock.

I scratched my head. My bed squeaked as I made my way off it. But just as I took one step on the floor, I was met with a huge pile of blankets. 'Umm. . . Where did these come from?'

Just as I was about to reach down and pick them up, the pile started to move. I screamed.

"Oh, can you please just shut up?! I'm sleeping!" Amy's head popped up from underneath it.

I placed a hand over my heart. It was beating rapidly. I thought I was going to have a heart-attack. "Amy?! What are you doing here?"

She covered her head again, shielding herself from the bright pouring in through my windows. "Shhhh! I'm trying to sleep," she snapped.

I was going to leave her at that, but then my door opened revealing Gracie. 'Oh, no!' I opened my mouth and extended my arms out to tell her to be quiet, though it was too late.

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP! IT'S TIME TO GET UP," she sang in a screaming voice. "IT'S TIME FOR SCHOOL!"

I winced. Looking over to the pile of blankets, I saw it starting to shake. In an instant, Amy threw all the blankets off of her.

"OH, CAN YOU PLEASE SHUT THE FU- Oh, hi Gracie!" She quickly switched what she was going to say. However, Gracie seemed to get what Amy was going to say before because her mouth gaped open.

She put her hands on her hips. "No swearing, young lady," Gracie scolded, using a type of voice a mother would used when scolding her child. I had to stifle a laugh that wanted to come out of my mouth. Gracie had probably learned that from Mom, since she would always say that to me when I accidentally let a swear word slip through my lips.

Amy's mouth gaped open in shock. "Um. . . Sorry."

Gracie shrugged her shoulders, flopping her hands back to her sides. "No worries." She made her way up to my bed and jumped on it. "Ava always swears around the house."

It was my turn for my mouth to gape open. "I do not!"

"Umm. . . Yeah, you do," Gracie said in a 'duh' tone.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine. But, I don't always swear."

I began hearing Mom hollering from downstairs to 'hurry up.' Glancing at my alarm clock, I jumped up onto my feet. My sudden movement caused weird looks to be thrown my way from Amy and Gracie. I quickly ran over to my closet and flung it open.

"Umm. . . Ava, are you okay?" Amy asked, still sitting on the floor.

I threw the first top and shorts I found in sight. The top was spaghetti strapped that had cream lacey-ruffled layers. The shorts were dark and, I guess, an acceptable length. 'These with have to do for today.'

I turned around and was about to change, but I suddenly remembered Amy and Gracie were still in the room.

I looked over at Amy with wide eyes. "We have to get to school!"