Chapter 18: Legends, Threats, and Ditching

Hi readers!

I would like to give a shoutout thanks to @5secondsofsum for making a wonderful cover/banner for Prince Charming Lives Nextdoor!

Here's an update! Chapter 18!

Other than that, enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL HAPPENED IN HERE?!"

'Well that doesn't sound good.' Liam and I both looked up at the same time to see a baffled expression on Evelyn's face. We watched as she slowly walked into the kitchen and spun around, looking everywhere. Cheerios were lying all around. On the the floor, the countertops, the table, in the sink, on the chairs, and even in the fruit bowl.

Evelyn spun around a second time making sure she was seeing what she was seeing. Then, she landed her eyes on us. Her mouth was gaped open in a shocked matter. "What happened in here? Why is Ava crying? And why are you guys hugging each other? I thought you guys said you weren't going out? Were you guys lying to me? You know it's not nice to lie to a pregnant lady."

Liam slowly removed his arm from around my shoulders and stood up, dusting off his dark jean shorts. I was going to reply back to Evelyn, but then stopped myself to process what she just said.

I looked over towards her. "You're pregnant?"

Evelyn started lightly blushing. She was looking everywhere but at me. "Ummm....yeah."

I got up quickly and wiped away the left over tears that were falling from my eyes. Making my way over towards her, I pulled her into a big hug and squealed. "Oh my gosh! That means I'm going to be an Aunt! I'm going to have a niece! Why didn't you tell me sooner?! Oh my gosh! Congratulations!"

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Well, I just found out today. I was going to announce it to everyone on your birthday, which is on Monday, but since I was so excited, I guess I accidentally spilled the bag."

I forgot that Liam was still standing there until he awkwardly coughed. "Umm...I'll just be on my way." He pointed his thumb in the direction of the door.

Right when he was going to open the door, it opened by itself. "Evelyn are you in here?!" Seth's head popped up from around the door. His eyes first landed on Evelyn and me hugging, but later wandered over towards Liam. 'Oh great. Here comes the protective brother thing.'

Seth stepped inside the house and quietly closed the door while slightly glaring at Liam. Then he pointed at him and looked over towards me. "Who's he? Is he your boyfriend?" 'Oh my god! Why do people keep asking that question?!'

I shook my head quickly. "No! He is not my boyfriend! He's my new next-door neighbor..."

Right as I was going to continue on with talking, Liam spoke up. "And he has a name. His name is Liam."

Seth looked over towards Liam. "Was I talking to you?" 'Great! Here comes the scaring away boys shit....wait, no, I mean part. Oops?'

Liam immediately shook his head. "No sir. You weren't talking to me sir. I was just about to leave sir." 'Why did he have to use the word sir in every sentence?! It's not like he's in the army or something.'

I was expecting Seth to reply with a serious answer, but all I saw was a slight smile appear on his face. 'What?!' "You know dude, I'm not that old. I'm only 26, so there is no need for calling me sir. Just call me Seth." He stuck out his hand for Liam to shake.

Now I was confused. 'What is happening?! Seth would normally scare away guys, but he wasn't scaring away Liam. It was either he approves of Liam, which is weird, or he believes that Liam is my next-door neighbor.'