Chapter 29: She Comes In with a Big Bang

New chapter!! :D

Enjoy! :)

~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

Liam had started becoming distant lately for the past three days, since our hang out. I don't know what's wrong with him. He's always avoiding me, now. 'Was it something I said? Or did? I didn't do anything wrong, did I?'

When I entered school, my eyes immediately found their way to a retreating broad back. The guy's hair was in a jumbled mess and a backpack was loosely swung over their right shoulder.

"Hey, Ross! Wait up!" I called after him. But I guess he didn't hear because he just kept on his merrily way down the crowded hall.

I tried slipping through the crowd of students quickly, however it was kind of hard to not get stuck in the traffic. Pushing my way through people, I would sometimes stop to stand up on my tip toes, trying to get a peek as to where he was going.

Unfortunately, I didn't spot the familiar figure anywhere. 'Where did he go?'

* * * *

Liam's P.O.V.

I made my way through the school's parking lot that was free from students. 'What am I doing?'

For the past three days I have been avoiding Ava for the sake of Kaylee's plan to stay in action. As much as I want to talk to her, I can't bring myself to do it. Just one look into her warm brown eyes would have me spilling everything that Kaylee has planned. The break up. The threat. I just can't risk my father's job.

'God! How much I missed her smile.' I've been ditching school since our hang out at the Frozen Yogurt Shop. Faking that I wasn't feeling too great and that I was coming down with something. Good thing my mom had bought my act.

Today, I thought it was a good idea that I should return back to school; but, now that I think of it, it was a horrible decision.

My mind started to drift to what happened just a few minutes ago. I heard her calling for me. Asking for me to wait up. But, it couldn't. I had to make a quick escape.

Just as I was about to exit off of school grounds, I heard soft clicks of heels coming my way. I looked up. Eyes rolling, instantly. "Why, if it isn't the Wicked Witch of the West. What brings you here, today?" I put on a sarcastic smile, showing that her presence annoyed me.

"Good. You're getting the hang of it. Just that, you have to say it to her face. Not mine." Kaylee put a hand on her hip with a grin on her face. All of a sudden, it dropped. "You know that school's that way, don't you?"

I stuck my hands in my pocket. "Not feeling too good. Decided to go back home."

For a second, I saw a sympathetic smile on her face until it was wiped away with a smirk. "Awe. Is poor Liam not feeling well? Is it because of that bitch?"

I glared daggers at her. "Shut up, Kaylee. You don't know a thing about Ava." Kaylee always refers to Ava as The Bitch. She has no right to since she barely even knows her.

"Gather up all that anger Liam poo! You're going to need it later today. You want to know why?" She motioned with her hand for me to ask her why.

"Why?" I was pretty scared for her reply. Kaylee always has something up her sleeve. Though, with the weird knots forming in my stomach, I already knew what was coming.

"Well, today's the day when you break up with her!" Kaylee clapped her hands with a smile on her face, jumping up and down in excitement. "I'm so excited! Are you?"

"Are you fucking serious?! Do I look like I'm excited?" I scoffed, balling my fists up. "No! I'm not! I've been dreading for this day to come!" My teeth gritted in anger. "Why, me? Out of all the guys in the world, why did it have to be me?!"

Kaylee's face instantly dropped to my reaction. "Well, that wasn't what I was expecting..."

"Yeah. I guess not," I sarcastically replied.

Silence fell upon us for a few minutes. There was so much tension floating in the air my brain cells felt as if they were choking.

Not wanting to be here anymore, I decided to excuse myself. "Well, I'm just going to go now." Just as I was about to take a step past her, her hand caught my wrist, digging her nails into my skin. I winced.

"You are not going anywhere. Today is the day. What did I say?" Kaylee gave a huge fake smile. "Oh yeah, I remember! I get to plan your break up. I'm sorry for not giving a heads up. But, today's the day!" She gave jazz hands.

My eyebrows furrowed. "You're cruel."

"Yeah, I feel the love, babe." She winked. "Now, be a gentleman and show me to the office. I need to get my schedule."

"I'm sure you have lots of friends by now," I commented, rolling my eyes for the hundredth time today. But her next response caused me to freeze in my spot.

"Well, you could say that. I wouldn't say I had lots of friends. Just friends with high statuses."

I studied Kaylee for a moment. "Do these people go by the names Kate and Joey?"

She gave a smug smile. "Maybe." Kaylee reached a manicured hand out to me. "Now let's go. I'm sure you don't want to keep your princess waiting."

I turned around towards the school, leaving her hand empty. Holding hands? Sorry, not going to happen. "Why don't you just find another guy to date?" I mumbled under my breath.

She latched her arm around mine as we walked. "Well, Liam. It's because you're special."

I snorted. "I'm sure you say that to all guys." I was surprised when Kaylee didn't counter back when I said this. She just kept quiet.

How could this day get any worse?

As we entered the school, I gave a silent prayer to the heaven's above to telepathically send to Ava.

'Please, let her know that this isn't what it looks like.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for reading!!😘

How's the chapter?

I'm being a procrastinator, again. 😜 which is bad; but, oh well. I updated again!! Hope you people liked the chapter! Anyways, how are you guys? 😄 I hope this week is awesome for you!😘

Please vote, comment, follow!

Thanks, again, for reading!

Bye, you FABULOUS people!!

P.S. Those of you who had read The Hunger Games and loved it, I advise you people to check out Legend by Marie Lu. I am obsessed/absolutely in love with the trilogy! 😍 So if you have time/are looking for a book to read look it up/borrow it. 😄

On that note...

See ya!!