Chapter 23: One Heck Of A Birthday Surprise

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting!

Here is chapter 23!!!

Picture of stone-arch to the side/above ~~~~>

Enjoy! :D

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

"Come on Liam! We've been walking for hours!"

"It's only been 2 minutes!" He yelled over his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, I might have exaggerated-"

Liam turned around and stared at me. "-You think!"

I glared at him. "But it does feel like we've been walking for hours!"

We were walking up a small hill of sand and grass towards the forest beach destination thing of Liam's. When I had gotten out of the car, the pine trees made the place seem like there was going to be layer upon layer of trees. In reality, there was only about half a layer. Overall, there weren't that many trees.

After walking up the small hill and passing the trees, all there was in sight was an open area beach. There weren't that many people around, only a few couples walking along the coastline and at snack-shacks. This place was less crowded and more isolated than the local beach by Cali's Diner. The coastline from where we were standing was beautiful. The ocean water was a clear, calm, shiny blue while the sand below my grey converse shoes looked inviting. For my feet, that is. All the way at the end of the right side of the beach was a gigantic rock-stone arch. It was in the shallow part of the water, where the waves would crawl across the sand of the beach, then disappear.

A smile made its way onto my face. "This place is amazing!"

"Thank God!" Liam shouted, surprising me and causing a few strange looks to be thrown our way from the couples walking by. "This girl actually likes the birthday surprise I've given her." He started to kiss the ground. 'Or should I say the sand?'

I watched in amusement as small grains of sand started sticking to his lips. I smirked. "Uh, Liam? I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Liam stopped and looked up at me. "Wh-..ew!" He immediately got up and started wiping his mouth in disgust. I bursted out laughing which earned a glare to be thrown my way.

"It seems you just can't stop having a conversation with the ground." I paused, trying to catch my breath from all the laughter. "Or should I say, a make out session?!" Just that got me into a fit of giggles, again.

Liam's glare intensified, but then a smirk soon replaced it a few moments later. 'I do not like where this is going.' I immediately stopped laughing, looking at this situation with seriousness. "Well, Avalon. Would you care to show the correct way to talk to the ground since I was clearly doing it wrong?" He started to stalk his way over towards me as he spoke.

My eyes widen realizing what he was planning. I quickly shook my head backing away slowly. "Uh...I think I'll take a rain check on that. Um-" I gazed around looking for something that will get his attention and make him forget what he was thinking. As if the heaven's were trying to help me, I had suddenly remembered...the snack-shack. 'Surely, saying that I'm hungry will get him to leave the situation alone, right? It's worth a shot.'

I glanced back at Liam, who was by the way, quickly closing in on me. "You know, I'm pretty hungry." I spoke, my voice wavering a little as I smiled nervously. "How about we go get some food? Yeah?"

He shook his head. "Not before you have your turn talking to the ground. Then, we can go get some food. Yeah?" Liam quickly added the 'yeah', mimicking the last part of what I said. I scowled back at him.