Epilogue

Last Chapter!!

Enjoy! 😘😘

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 year later...

Ava's P.O.V.

"Mom, can you please stop kissing me? It looks as if someone slapped my face because of your lipstick..." I sighed, wiping my arm across my cheek to see if I could remove some of her coral red lipstick from it.

I watched as my mom padded the corners of her eyes with a Kleenex. "You're all grown up... You're going to college... for heaven's sake! You're already in college!" A tear slowly slipped down her cheek. "What am I going to do without you?!"

As sad as my mom is making the situation, I found it pretty hilarious. Moms...

Walking over to her, I smiled and pulled her into a hug. "Don't worry, Mom. I'll make sure to visit at least twice a month," I said, reassuring her by lightly patting her back.

I'm guessing more tears fell from her eyes because I began feeling small splotches of liquid soaking into my shirt. Great! And it's my favorite one, too...

"Oh, Ava," she started. "Who's going to take care of Ben and Lily when they go to school, in the morning?"

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, you're home in the morning to take care of them." I pulled out of the embrace. "Did you forget that you work from home?" My eyes landed on the cardboard box that was on my bed — well, technically, the bed I'll be occupying for the next nine months. I started over towards it.

"See..." she motioned with her hands. "What am I going to do without you? I can't even remember what I do for a job."

I turned around to look at her. "Mom, seriously... you're an interior designer; you design rooms for a living. You've been working as one even before I was born." I approached the box and opened its folds revealing a bunch of picture frames.

A loud sob filled the room. "Oh! My baby's all grown up! Look at you! You're becoming a woman..."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Mom, I think I've been a woman since last month..."

"And you're nineteen years old— almost twenty! In my eyes, you're still a baby — my baby!" More and more tears began falling from her eyes and onto her cheeks.

I shook my head. Walking over to my mom again, I pulled her into another hug. "Mom, you're overreacting. I'm sure by tomorrow you'll be fine. It's not like I'll be gone forever..."

For the first time since she walked into my doom room she expressed a smile that was genuinely happy. "I know... but..." She wiped a tear away. "But..."

I placed my hands on her shoulders and looked her straight in the eyes. "Mom, you'll be fine..."

I stood there as her eyes studied my face as if memorizing it to bring back home. Her sobs had finally died down to a minimum of inaudible hiccups. "Okay..."

Just then, a light knock sounded from the room's doorway. Both of us looked up in time to find Dad standing in the doorway with the rest of my boxed-up belongs in hand. He gave a small smile. "Everything okay in here?"

I nodded. "Yeah... She's just telling me that she's going to miss me too much."

He strolled into the room and placed the boxes on the desk next to my bed. "Anne, our daughter is just going to be a few hours away. She's not flying out of the country to attend school..."