Chapter 24: Secrets, and an Unwelcomed Surprise

Winter Break is here!!!

Here's a late Christmas present!

Enjoy!!!! :)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

**Sunday after Ava's Birthday**

"He did what?!" Amy screeched.

I sighed. "This is the last time I'm going to repeat this, he kissed me. Wait..." I paused. "Well, technically we kissed each other."

"He kissed you!"

I nodded my head to one side. "Or you could say that."

"Did you kiss him back?!"

I looked over at Amy with an 'are you kidding me' look while lightly chucking a pillow in her direction. "Seriously? I literally just answered that two seconds ago."

She chucked it back. "Well, it's kinda hard to believe that you finally kissed someone other than that dickhead. What's his name again? Oh, wait! I remember! Jerkface Koala!"

I snorted. "Where did you get Koala from?"

"I don't know," Amy said, shrugging her shoulders. "He just reminds me of a Koala."

I pouted. "But Koalas are cute!"

"Ugh! Okay, fine! He looks like a butt."

"Ew!" I scrunched my face up in disgust. "Don't need to remember what an ass looks like."

"Exactly!" She stuck her index finger at me. "And watch your language, young lady!"

I held my hands up in surrender. "Just stating the truth and my opinion. You know what they say, honesty is the best policy."

Amy nodded her head. "Good-good. Also, with that being said, when are you going to tell Liam how you feel about him?"

I gulped. 'I knew that was going to come up sooner or later.' "Umm . . . I don't know. I was suppose to talk to him about that on Tuesday, the day after my birthday, though I . . . uh . . . kind of always chickened out."

"Oh come on, Ava!" She shouted. "You guys literally hang with each other everyday! That's more than you hang out with me now."

"Well, I'm hanging out with you, right now," I stated, triumphantly.

"This doesn't count!"

"How does this not count?"

"Whatever. Forget what I said." Amy paused. "But, you should still go talk to him. It's better to get it over with. Like, what happens if he thinks you don't like, or maybe even love, him back? He'll probably look for another girl."

I rolled my eyes. "Liam is not that type of guy. I trust him for keeping his word."

"And what word might that be?"

I adverted my gaze everywhere, but at Amy. "That . . . Um . . . He likes me?"

She jumped up. "What?! You never told me that! You only said he kissed you!"

I winced. "Yeeaaaahhhh . . . "

"You have to go tell him!" Amy stood up off of my bed. "Stop being a chicken! What happened to the Ava I knew who would always speak her mind?!"

"I'm still me. It's just that, my heart swoons and melts whenever I see him."

"Okay, that sounded really cheesy."

I laughed. "I know."

"Well, if that's what you honestly feel about him, go tell him that. I'm sure he would be glad to hear that."