Chapter 7: Moving Day, Breakfast, And A Girl

Surprise surprise!!! Enjoy!
___________________________

Liam's P.O.V.

**Before The Door Incident**

"Hey, Liam? Once we get to the house, can you stop by and get breakfast at Cali's Diner?" Mom was staring at me from the passenger seat. "It's only a few minutes away."

I sighed, tired from the long car ride. "Sure."

For the past hour, our car had been stuck behind a slow moving truck. The morning traffic here was terrible to say the least.

If I started walking now, I'd probably make it to the house before the car did.

****15 minutes later****

I was ecstatic when we finally reached the house.

Stumbling out of the car and onto the dirt ground, I took in a breath of fresh air.

I think I became claustrophobic during our trip from being squished between Ben's booster seat and Lily's car seat. Caden—my older brother—made a fit about how he didn't want any one of us ride in his navy-blue Mustang.

He can be an asshole sometimes.

Lily's voice broke me from my thoughts.

"Lia? Are you going to get me food?"

"In a minute, Lily. I'm gonna go in a minute."

She nodded her head with a bright smile on her face. "Okay," she said, before running over to Mom and Dad who were opening the door to the house.

I was about to go when I realized I didn't even know where the hell the place was—and my phone was dead.

"Well, shit."

***

After wondering around for half an hour, I finally managed to find Cali's Diner.

It looked to be a small, cozy restaurant. The place had a view of the coast, and the name Cali's Diner was stretched across its roof in glowing red letters.

When I entered, a bell chimed. The smell of breakfast immediately wafted up my nostrils and 80's music was playing quietly in the background.

I didn't realize I was hungry until my stomach grumbled.

God. I'm starving.

I made my way over to the counter where a girl was standing picking at her nail polish. Her blonde hair was done in curls and her face was covered in makeup. Her uniform told me she worked here, but maybe she was on her break?

Her eyes lifted up, catching mine. She threw me a grin I knew all to well.

"Hi there, stranger! What can I get for you?" She twirled a strand of hair around her finger.

"Just eggs and bacon to go, please," I said. I tried not to cringe at how obnoxiously she was chewing the piece of gum in her mouth.

Her grin grew. "Coming right up," she said cheerfully, writing my order on a notepad and ripping it off to hand to the cook.

After waiting a few minutes, my order was done and the blonde waitress placed it in front of me. I caught a glimpse of her name tag and learned that her name was Kate.

I gave her a friendly smile. "Thanks." I grabbed the bag and made my way towards the door.

Right when I opened the door, I heard a squeal.

There, lying on the ground, was a pretty brunette in white jean short's and a striped top. Her silky brown hair shined in the sunlight.

I jumped at the idea that maybe I hit her with the door. She didn't look like she was in pain, though, so I guess she didn't exactly get hit. Maybe surprised, but not hit.

And just to make sure, I waved a hand in front of her face to see if she was hurt.

When she finally blinked, I started apologizing.

"Hey, are you okay? I'm really sorry about the door thing. I am such an ass for not seeing you standing right outside."

I have to admit, she looked kind of cute just lying there, trying to shield her eyes from the light.

"Are you hurt or anything?"

"N-no?"

I sighed. "Good."

I looked down at my watch to check the time. It was currently 10:35 a.m. and my family was probably wondering where the food was.

I have to make a quick getaway.

"Well, I gotta go," I said, starting to back away. "I'm sorry, again, for almost hitting you with the door!"

______________________

There you have it! Liam's POV about the incident! Tell me what you thought!

Anyways, thanks for reading chapter 7 of Prince Charming Lives Nextdoor!

Please vote, comment, follow, like always:)

Bye, you PEACEFUL people!

NEXT UPDATE: Tomorrow