Chapter 36 Pt. 3: You Should've Warned Me

Enjoy!! ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

"I know who you are, Liam."

I watched a shocked expression flash across his face. If I wasn't so sure about myself and my assumption, I would've thought that I made a horrible mistake - calling a person I hardly know, one of the most special people in my life's name. Now, that'd be embarrassing. But knowing Liam, and everything about him, I couldn't get this conclusion wrong. All facts pointed to the obvious.

The grip he had on my waist, tightened; but in a tender manner. A small smile played on his lips. "It took you long enough."

My mouth gaped open. I playfully glared up into his fascinating blue-grey orbs. "You knew?"

"Yeah," he admitted, casually shrugging his shoulders as if keeping a secret like this was as simple as lying about stealing a cookie from the cookie jar.

"And you didn't think of telling me?"

Liam looked down at me with amusement drowning in his bright eyes. "Now where's the fun in that?"

I jokingly rolled my eyes and quietly mimicked, "Now where's the fun in that," making sure he heard. 

His signature smirk slowly formed on his lips. "Hey, now. If I told you, you wouldn't treat me as the boy next-door, anymore. You'd treat me as the guy that swept you off your feet at the Masquerade Ball."

I grinned, laying my head back on his chest as we continued swaying, after the brief pause. "True," I mumbled, causing a faint, low chuckle to leave his mouth. Comfortable silence fell between us, for a few minutes, before I spoke up, again. "How long have you known?"

As soon as those words left my mouth, Liam froze. I frowned, looking up to see what was wrong. A frightened expression was written all over his face. My eyebrows knotted. "Liam? What's wrong?"

Before I could grasp all that was happening, Liam began hastily dragging me over to our gym's exit. The second we were out in the school's back parking lot, a slight cold breeze swept by, nipping at my exposed arms. I shivered, though it didn't bother me, as I was more bewildered out of my wits at Liam's sudden actions, than the cold.

"Liam? Hey! What's wrong?"

He wasn't looking at me at all. Instead, he slid his mask off and ran his hands through his hair, repeatedly, making it more tousled than before. He rapidly paced back and forth, in front of me, seeming as if off in his own world.

I slipped off my golden mask, dropped it to the ground, and stepped in front of him - the parking lot's lap post cascading light down on us. I placed my hands on his shoulders, to stop him. Liam gazed up at me with wide eyes. "What's wrong, Liam? Why did you bring me out here?" I asked, nervous as to what he might say.

"Ava, you have to go! Now!" He took hold of my hands and brought them down from his shoulders. Liam held both of my hands in his, shielding them from the cool breeze. "Listen to me. . ." His blue-grey orbs bored into my brown ones. "You have to go!"

I looked at him with a bizarre expression, taking my hands away from his. "Not until you tell me what's going on!"

Suddenly, the door we exited out of, a minute ago, swung open - both mine and Liam's attention snapping in its direction. A girl in a hot pink dress, stepped out. 

When her eyes met mine, they immediately narrowed through her matching pink mask. Her blonde curly hair bounced as she marched her way over to us. When she was within meters, she lifted her fist, getting ready to punch my face; but I instantly dodged it by ducking. She stumbled slightly over her heels.