Chapter 17: My Cheerios, Not Yours

Hey people!

Here's chapter 17!

Enjoy!:)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

Once Liam had left with his siblings, I was able to let out a sigh of relief. 'Would the almost kiss change anything between me and him or not? Hopefully not.' But there was one thing that was brightly flashing in my brain. 'What did Liam think of it?'

**1 Week Later**

I've been trying to avoid any contact with Liam for a week now. When I went to hang out with my friend, Amy, I waited for her white top down Mini Cooper to show up on the driveway before going outside. I would normally sit outside on the porch steps. But under these circumstances, I just waited inside the house.

For an hour now, I've been listening to music on my iPod touch. Softly humming to The Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script, my eyelids started to become droopy. The time was 4:30 p.m. and me being me, this was the time I usually took an afternoon nap.

But right when my eyes were going to fully close and let sleep take over my whole body, someone had burst into my room. My bedroom door slammed against the wall behind it, making a loud boom sound. The startling noise caused me to jerk awake and tumble out of my bed, bringing some of the bed's pillows down with me.

My bum landed on the ground with a thundering thump on the floor. I groaned, rubbing it. "Ouch! What the fu...!" Right when I was going to finish saying the "f" word, the voice that belonged to the person I was trying to avoid all week, appeared out of nowhere.

"WAKE UP, SLEEPING BEAUTY! I'VE COME TO GIVE YOU A WAKE UP KISS!" With him shouting that loud, sure enough the real Sleeping Beauty would've woken up.

I looked up at Liam to scream nonsense at him for waking me up, but suddenly froze in place processing what he had just said. It reminded me of the almost kiss we had a week ago. 'Why can't I just forget about it? Why do I have to be tortured?! Why?!' When Liam looked over at me and saw my frozen shocked face, his blue-grey eyes widened in realization to what he had just said a moment ago. The air floating around us began growing with tension. Liam's bright smile that had taken over his face when he barged in, was replaced with a blank expression and a slight frown. I don't like this situation one bit. 'This could've been avoided if he hadn't stopped me from getting Gracie. Stupid idiot.'

I didn't notice Liam had started talking until something was waving in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts looking up. Liam had a small friendly smile on his face while holding out his right hand.

"Take it." He glanced down to his hand then back at me. I slowly reached my hand forward to it. But just as my small hand brushed against his lightly, Liam suddenly pulled back his hand and started laughing. 'Argh! Why that stupid, idiotic, sarcastic, jerky asshole!'

I breathed out a heavy, frustrated sigh in an attempt to try calming myself down. But instead, rage filled my system. It probably looked like I was about to murder someone. And guess what? I did have someone in mind. The one and only...Liam Ross.

Liam was leaning against my bedroom's doorframe with his arms crossed, not phased by my outraged expression. He had a smirk dancing around on his face. 'Arrogant son of a pig! He will pay!' Though something caught my attention. 'How did he get over there so fast?'

I quickly got up off the wooden floor, and walked over to Liam. My knotted eyebrows and angry expression turned into a sickly sweet smile. I stopped walking once I was right in front of him. Placing my hands on both of his broad shoulders had caused Liam's smirk to disappear and be replaced by a bewildered expression.