Chapter 5: Something Like Cinderella

Here's chapter 5! Hope you like it:)
____________________________

Ava's P.O.V.

**30 Minutes Before the Ball Ends**

All through the night I only had one dance with Mystery Man. The rest of the dances were with Charlie and Gracie.

After that moment we shared, I didn't see him anywhere—and I never got the chance to talk to Amy either.

Whenever I decide to go chat with my best friend, I always get interrupted and forget what I was going to do.

It was ten minutes before midnight when I decided to have one last look around the place before getting ready to head home. The room was so spacious and beautiful.

It actually kind of reminded me of the ballroom in Beauty and the Beast.

A smile tugged on my lips as Never Say Never by The Fray came on the speakers, and I started to hum along to the song. And since everyone was getting ready to head home, the ballroom was nearly deserted. The lyrics to the song could be heard perfectly clear in the air.

I strolled along the sides of the ballroom by the windows. Light streaks of moonlight were seeping in and onto the shiny ballroom floor.

I glanced through the glass and at the dark city landscape before a reflection in the window caught my eye.

There, staring back at me, was the Mystery Man.

I spun around, catching his intense gaze. He smirked and walked over to me.

The beating in my chest sped up trifold and I tried evening out my breathing, but to no such luck. Butterflies started swarming in my stomach at the sight of his twinkling blue-grey eyes.

In the background of all this, the DJ announced the last song of the night to be You and Me by Lifehouse. The song started playing and the perfect timing of everything felt somehow magical.

"May I have this dance?" Mystery Man bowed his head, holding his hand out for me to take.

I nodded, unable to form words at the moment. I placed my smaller hand in his before he led me to the empty dance floor.

One of his arms went around my waist as I rested my hand on his shoulder. I shyly glanced up finding his captivating orbs already focused on me. We began to sway to the music, not caring about the wandering stares left we were attracting.

I was taken by surprise when Mystery Man dipped me down, causing a loud squeal to leave my lips followed by a laugh. My reaction caused a grin to appear on his face.

Bringing me back up, he twirled me around a couple of times before gently pulling me towards him. He brought his arms around me, locking me in his warm embrace.

I smiled, laying my head his chest as he continued swaying us back and forth.

Now, I know I'm not the type of person who believes in fairy tales, but after this night is over, I might just start believing. It was too good to be true and I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I might be experiencing one in real life.

As the song drew to a close, the air around us spiked.

I glanced up and watched as Mystery Man flickered his eyes down to my lips. My breathing hitched and the rate my heart was going at was overbearing.

He began leaning in towards me, and having been caught up in the moment, my eyes started to flutter close, waiting for the kiss. We stopped a hair away, waiting.

But waiting for what exactly?

"Hey, honey, are you here?"

We hastily separated from one another at the sound of my mom's voice.

There was a good amount of space between us when she made her appearance—peeking her head around the corner of the entrance hall.

"Hun, we're ready to go home now."

"O-okay."

Mom smiled at me—her questioning gaze lingering on Mystery Man for half a second before leaving.

I turned my attention back to him and his blue-grey eyes once she was gone.

"So...I had fun dancing with you."

He grinned. "I had fun with you, too."

I smiled, turning my attention to the entrance. "Well, I guess I have to get going." I jutted my thumb in the direction of the entrance hall. "My family is probably waiting for me."

He reached his hand up and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah. My family is probably waiting, too."

I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was disappointed that this night was coming to an end. The same expression was most likely on my face, too, since I didn't want it to end either.

Who knows when we're going to meet again...

With one last smile, I said my goodbyes and started making my way over to the entrance hall.

I made my way down the elegant hallway with Mystery Man hot on my heels—going to meet his family, too.

And right before I could opened the door, he softly gripped my wrist, making me turn around and face him. Curiosity was dancing in his eyes.

"I forgot to ask you, what's your name?"

Before I was able to utter a syllable to him, Amy cut in—her eyes wide open.

"Hey! Your parents are looking for you!"

I was confused. "I literally just talked to my mom a few minutes ago," I told her.

I didn't know why she looked so anxious. My mom just saw me a few minutes ago.

Before I could get my thoughts together, Amy started dragging me out the door—Mystery Man following right behind us.

I thought he would continue following us, but then he stopped and just stood there watching me being pulled away by my best friend.

I could hear him shouting at me in the distance. "You didn't answer my question, princess! What's your name?!"

Right when I was going to answer him, Amy beat me to it.

"Her name is Ava!" she called over her shoulder just as a car horn went off, drowning out most of her words. The "a" at the end of my name was the only thing comprehensible.

Even I could barely hear her, and I was right next to her.

When we got to the car, she hurriedly pushed me into it. With the car door closing, I could barely make out what Mystery Man was shouting at me.

But out of all he said, I was only able to pick up one thing.

His name.

Liam.

________________________

Thank you sooo much for reading!! What do you think so far? What's going to happen?

Please vote, comment, follow! Same as always.

Until next update you GREAT people!

NEXT UPDATE: Tomorrow