Chapter 38: I'll Never Be Able To Live This Down

Enjoy!!

Ava's outfit at the top!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

**3 Days Later**

By the time the two agonizing days had passed, I was panicking. In just a few hours, the Ross' will be long gone - along with the person that captured my heart.

'Life. Why does it have to seem so complicated, but yet so simple?'

My head started pounding against my skull at the same beat of my heart as blood began draining to my brain. I lifted my head up so it was no longer hanging off the side of my bed - the feeling of light headedness was welcoming.

'What am I going to do?' The question swam around endlessly in my mind.

"You should trust him," the voice in my head commented. "It's better to try than to give up."

"But I'm not giving up. I'm making a decision that will both save us from heartbreak."

The voice snorted. "How do you know it's saving you from heartbreak? From what I can see, it's just tearing you guys apart."

I frowned, thinking about what Liam had said the day before. 'I'll make this work. Just give everything a chance..."

"How am I supposed to do that, Liam, if it's already been done before?" I whispered, wishing that I'd get an answer in return; but obviously wouldn't.

I breathed out a sigh and glanced at my alarm clock on my bed-side table. It blinked 2:02 pm.

'Four hours left.'

I dropped back down on my bed, staring up at my bedroom's blank, white ceiling. 'What am I going to do? What am I going to do?' I kept repeating the same question over and over in my head. 'What am I going to do..."

Unexpectedly, my heavy eyelids began dropping and my thoughts soon became a big, jumbled up mess. Before I could stop the drowsiness from sweeping in, my eyes drooped shut - welcoming me into a peaceful sleep.

**? Hours Later**

"What the hell are you still doing here?!"

My eyes snapped open to the sound of a familiar voice, screeching at the top of their lungs. I abruptly sat up in my bed, realizing I had fallen asleep.

"W-what?" My attention caught on to Amy who was standing at my bedroom doorway - eyes wide open at me.

"What do you mean 'what'?!" Her hands were flinging around in the air as she quickly made her way to my closet and flung it open. "They're leaving!"

I wiped the evidence of sleep away from my eyes. "Huh?" My gaze drifted away from the sight of a paranoid Amy to my alarm clock.

'5:58 p.m......5:58 p.m.?! What in Lord Zurg's name?!'

I screamed. "Oh, shit!"

As if reading my mind, Amy had flung a striped tank top, a navy blue sweater, and a pair of skinny jeans at me. I swiftly caught the first two pieces of clothing, though, missed the jeans which had slapped me in the face. Almost like a wake up call.

"How did I sleep for four hours straight?!" I immediately began changing out of my Transformers shirt and jogging shorts, not caring that Amy was still in the room. "Oh, my God! Out of all the days!"

Once I was in the clothes that Amy had given me and checked myself once over in the mirror, I ran out of my room and down the stairs - my best friend hot on my heels.

But before I was out the front door - not caring to put on any shoes - Amy gripped my wrist, stopping me.

"Ava, wait," she said, causing me to turn around and look at her. "Do you know what you want?"

"Amy, let go!" I tried tugging out of her grasp, though, it was hopeless. My heart was ramming against my chest, unpleasantly. "Amy, I have to go say goodbye before they leave! I have to say goodbye to Li-"

"But what's the point in that?" She cut in, gazing at me with a blank expression on her face - her voice emotionless. "There's nothing going on between you guys, anymore. Besides, it's for the best."

Tears of frustration began seeping down my face as I pulled at my trapped hand - trying my best to free it from her death grip. 'It couldn't end this way!' "No! It's not for the best! I have to try!"

"But didn't you say it was hopeless?" Amy's impassive face caused more tears to stream down my cheeks. 'This wasn't the Amy I knew.'

"I change my mind!" I gave a final haul of my hand before giving up.

My back to the wall, I slid down it so I was tiredly sitting on the cold, wooden floor. Goodbye calls were loud and clear from outside. As much as I wanted to be there, I couldn't. Amy's vise-like grip on my wrist was preventing me from going anywhere, like a leash on a puppy.

I let out a forlorn sigh. "I-I need to tell Liam that I want t-this to work. I want to tell him I love him." The thought of Liam waiting for me flashed through my mind. He was probably watching the house - waiting for me to come running out...... To say that I wanted this to work.

One by one, more tears fell from my eyes. Just as I wipe away one, another appears. I looked up at Amy through my blurry vision. "Is asking to see him too much to ask?"

She watched me with solemn look. "No."

Then, just like that, she released my wrist. Without a minute to waste, I quickly got to my feet, as fast as I could, and reached for the door.

Right as I opened it, a blinding, white light met my eyes.

****

I sat up gasping for air. My gaze rapidly maneuvered around my room, finding everything the same as I had left it.

I let out a relieved sigh. "It was only just a dream," I mumbled to myself. The thought of it being just a dream had me rethinking everything over.

Everything plus Liam.

I smiled. 'I knew what I had to do.'

But then, just as quick as my grin appeared, it slipped away from my lips.

The sight of the blinking red numbers had me up and out of the house in a blink of an eye.

'6:15 p.m.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There's Chapter 37 Part 2!!

How was it? Less than five chapters to go. 😢 Can you guess how many?

Thanks for reading!

Please, don't forget to vote, comment, follow!

Until next update, you SILLY people!