♡On Rush|Part Four♡

You scoffed and shook your head. How had Michael found out where you lived? You stood there and stared at him.

"What do you want?"

He swallowed before handing you a small gift bag that he had been hiding behind his back the entire time. A solemn look was on his face as he handed you the bag.

"What's that?" you raised an eyebrow.

"Peace offering," he winced a little. "For yesterday,"

"How the hell did you find out where I lived?"

"I uh...I asked Bill to follow you yesterday," he bit his lip shyly. "He was the driver yesterday,"

"I see,"

"Please," he breathed. "I feel bad for the way I treated you yesterday. Accepting this gift will make me feel a tad bit better,"

You stared at him for several seconds before nodding and taking the gift.

"Thank you," you mumbled. Michael turned to walk away, but you stopped him. "Wait..." you trailed off. "Do you...want to come in? I could make us both a cup of tea,"

Michael stopped, studying your features before smiling - nodding as he walked into the house after you stood aside to let him in.

"Excuse the mess," you laughed, shutting the door. You made your way over to the kitchen counter and sat the bag down. "I'm the only breadwinner, and David doesn't do much around here,"

"David?"

"Yeah. My boyfriend," you walked over to the stove to boil a kettle of water. Once you had achieved the aforementioned, you turned to face Michael - who was standing at the kitchen bench. "Please," you gestured to the stool. "Have a seat,"

Michael did as told, as you leaned against the counter with your elbows.

"So," you began. "Yesterday,"

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to speak to you that way...it's just that-"

"You don't want your children to be exploited. Trust me, I understand," you smiled.

"The media's always finding ways to invade our privacy. It's horrible, and I'm afraid of what may happen to them when I'm not around anymore,"

"Well, there's only so much you can do. It's good that you're protecting them now - but worrying endlessly about their future may take away your opportunities to enjoy the present moment with your kids,"

Michael studied you for a long moment before smiling a little.

"What?" you frowned slightly.

"Nothing," he shook his head. "You're just very insightful, and I appreciate that,"

"Thank you,"

"Do you...have any kids?" he continued. "That is...if I may ask..." he trailed off.

"Oh, not yet," you laughed, rubbing your belly. "Give it another six months, and I'll be a mother,"

Michael grinned and nodded. "I know that you'll make an amazing mother,"

You smiled before the kettle went off, making you turn off the stove before preparing the tea.

"Let's have that cup of tea now, shall we?"

༻❁༺
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts! xxx
Isha
༻❁༺