The "Date" - part 2

Start from the beginning

"Did I ever thank you, for saving me that day?" I ask him.

"It's fine Millie."

"But really, thank you." I look him in the eye and we both stop walking. "You saved me, if you hadn't have been there who knows what he would have done." A tear slips down my cheek.

"I will never, ever let anyone hurt you again. I promise." He says, placing both his hands on my shoulders and bending down to get to my height. Another tear falls, and another, and another.

Finn pulls me into a hug, and I hug him back tightly. My tears slow as he holds me, until eventually, none are falling. I pull away and smile up at him, then we turn around and start walking back.

"Finn?" I whisper.

"Yeah?"

"Please don't tell the others, about what Jacob did. Sadie knows, but I don't want everyone knowing."

"Of course." He pulls me into a side hug as we walk. I secretly smile as I lean into his side. I like the feeling of his robust arm around me, reassuring me. When Jacob did this it felt more like he was holding me captive. Finn is gentle, and has a familiar, safe smell.

We head back up to the pier to go to the Pacific Park. I decide to put the whole kiss thing behind me and act like it never happened so it doesn't ruin our time at the amusement park. Although it still sat in the back of my mind.

Once we are in the park, the first thing I see are the sea planes. It's that airplane ride that goes up and down, my favourite ride when I was a kid. This ride let's adults on too.

"The planes!" I say excitedly.

"You want to go on the planes?" Finn asks, confounded by my excitement for a little kids ride.

"They were my favourite when I was little!" I exclaim as I grab his arm and drag him to the line up.

We hop on the front two seats of the four person plane. As the ride moves I steer us up and we go in circles up and down.

___________________________

~Finns P.O.V.~

Millie is as ecstatic as a little kid up on this airplane ride. After it lands, we go over to the bumper cars.

We each get into one and the game begins a few seconds later, there are only three other people in cars right now.

I aim straight for Millie. My car collided with hers, and then she speeds away. I notice that there is a young adult man in a car with his phone out, he was taking a Snapchat video. The camera was aimed at his face, with Millie in the background, his expression shocked. Then his camera flipped to me, I pretended not to see it. He was definitely filming me and Millie.

We both ignored it and kept playing the game, were used to this sort of thing.

Next we went on the Shark frenzy ride. We sat in the mouth of a great white shark car and it spun us around.

After that we went to a ride called Inkies Scrambler. It had three prongs, each holding four carts. Millie screamed blissfully as it spun us in circles and moved the cart around.

___________________________

~Millie's P.O.V.~

We got off that ride feeling dizzy, so we decided to go for a calmer ride next, the Seaside Swing.  In was a 12 person swing that gently swung back and forth. It showed amazing views of the ocean. The dark beaches were lit up from the glow of the LA night lights. Lampposts lines the dock as waves crashed against it. There were young couples playing in the beach. Laughing and screaming blissfully, another pair of lovers walked on the shore holding hands, every once in a while stopping to give each other a kiss. I noticed a third happy couple standing on the beach. The man got down in one one knee in front of the crashing waves. You could see the girl jump with joy before they collided into a kiss.