"Uncle," Kylie shouted from the house. "They are friends. Tris and everyone kept us safe."

The uncle seemed to take in his niece words.

"Fine." He lowered his knife. Waving his arm out, "Take her body and burn her in the back." The young teenage boy nodded and went to the woman, stuck his arms underneath the lifeless woman's armpits and dragged her off.

Tris shrugged. "Well, it was fast like she wanted."

"You just killed her," I shouted. Was I the only one who didn't see that?

"Felicia..."Tris said softly and shook her head.

"Damn it." I shook my head, biting my tongue.

"I can't afford to risk my family for someone who is already condemned to the dead." The man faced Tris. "I am Carl. My wife, Sabrina. And boy, Thomas."

We introduced ourselves, silence taking back over.

"Thank you for bringing my nieces here. I suppose you are expecting an reward," He questioned.

I snorted. "Yeah. No decent people here," I said sarcastically.

Carl looked to me but took no offense. "Being polite is a death sentence in this world. Can't afford to be decent." He looked back to Tris. "I can offer a restock on things you need and a place to sleep for the night."

"That would be perfect. Thank you," Tris responded.

"Your nieces kept my daughter company. We are all glad to have brought them here to her family. Gives us hope," Madison added.

   I wondered what other family she could possibly have out there.

He nodded. "Please. Leave your weapons locked in your vehicles."

Tris nodded. "Of course."

We all put our weapons inside the ambulance, locking the doors after.

"Let me show you to where you'll be sleeping." We followed Carl around the house, finding a back house.

I looked just as his son, poured gasoline over the dead woman's body and lit her with a match. I quickly turned my eyes from the sight, horrified. The last thing I wanted was to be here. But what could I do? Leave. Yeah, right.

Tris

Leaving us alone, Madison went straight to tending her daughters needs. It was nearly eight at night. Exhaustion was hitting everyone. There were two bedrooms in this house. We let Christian and Christy take the first one. Madison and Brennon taking the other. I needed to stay in the living room to watch the front. It seemed i slept less and less. I never grew tired.

Felicia would take the futon in the living room. There was hot water. Everyone showered and it was my turned.

Heading to the bathroom, I stared into the mirror. It had been a while since I did that. I looked different. My hair seemed lighter and color and think in texture. My body suddenly began to feel the ordeal I'd been through the last few weeks as if all my adrenaline finally evaporated. My muscles ached. I'd been pushing myself too hard.

There was a knock. I opened it, Madison, staring at me with worried eyes. "You take the bed. Brennon and I will be fine."

I shook my head. "She needs to feel comfortable and safe in your arms tonight. A private room will give Brennon that."

"I can't stand seeing you look so beat up," Madison whispered.

"Tell me how you really feel," I joked.