"Um...okay..." he said uncertainly. He picked it up and put the strap on while picking a pick from the ground. He played sweet child o' mine by guns n' roses and nothing else matters by Metallica. Hadley looked at him. She stared for a while lost in thought.

"Okay. You're in," Hadley stated and picked up her bass. "Let's run it from the top." Everyone got up and went to their instruments. I picked up my blue and black guitar. I set up the tablature in front of Justin so he could attempt to play along.

 I set up the tablature in front of Justin so he could attempt to play along

The song we played was an original called Free Ride that I wrote. I started off with a single strum of an E chord.

We went over the song perfecting it until it was the best we could do. We practiced some others, some covers, and some originals. Halfway through us running through The Ballad of Mona Lisa by Panic! At The Disco the door opened and a stampede of young teen boys ran down the stairs.

The stopped and stood in front of us. The boy in front stood here scanning the room with his eyes finally landing on me. He had darkbrown hair and dark brown eyes.

(if you're reading this offline: He looks like Mike Montgomery from Pretty Little Liars)

He was Maddy's little brother, Jax. He was just starting to get into the player/popular world. Sadly. He was the sweetest little kid and he'd always hang out with me and Maddy. But now he hated to be seen with his "emo" sister with her hot pink hair and her "emo"best friend with the tons of piercings.

"You and your emo band need to stop. We're gonna play Fortnite," he said to me.

"Okay. Give us a minute to clean up and that stuff," I replied. I turned around and hesitated before turning back. "Wait. Were you using emo as an insult?"

Jax looked at me and frowned. "Yes."

Before i could say anything else Maddy interrupted me. "Okay Jax shut up. Let's go guys." She put down her black acoustic guitar while the others pack up too.

"I have the extra instruments in the truck. Should we get them?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure." Maddy yawned. She went to bed early.

We walked outside to the truck. I unlocked it and it took us 2 trips each to get everything in the basement. Now, instead of having to lug around everything from house to house, we could just have everything waiting. I hung up the last instrument. It was my old red guitar. (🎸<—— it's just a plain red one. i'm writing this offline so when i go back and edit it i'll put in a picture)

Jax was staring at me. Well I thought he was. He was looking past me, at the guitar. I glanced over at him and saw a glimpse of want in his eyes.

"Yo Jax, it's your turn," said his friend handing him the xbox controller. His eyes lingered a bit more but then he finally shook it off and hopped on the battle bus.

"Mia, lets go," Hadley snapped. She was still in a bad mood even after playing for hours. Normally that fixes her right up but this was more than normal. I realized that I was creepily watching Jax play Fortnite. I must say, he was pretty good. I don't particularly like Fortnite but that doesn't mean I haven't played before with Mike. I watched Jax for another few seconds. He was the best kid. Not so much anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you guys so much for 5.4k reads! i never thought this would get this far. ah i love you guys!

q/a
what's your favorite book/series?

thanks :)