34) Hidden Powers Pt.2

"Logan! Wha-" Roman was cut off by Logan's finger being pressed to his lips.

"Roman, please stop. You've asked me the same question seven times in the past two minutes!" Logan fumed, "My answer isn't going to change!" Roman huffed.

"You think we should stay calm and go back to the apartment to look for clues, like a Scooby Doo episode!"

"At least my idea isn't to call the police!" Logan defended. Logan used his fingers to make believe a phone. "Hello? Police? My superpowered boyfriend has just been kidnapped by a crazy society! Send help!" Logan mimicked sarcastically. Roman crossed his arms and glared at Logan.

"Fine, I'll admit it wasn't the best plan."

"Finally!" Logan scoffed, "Let's just go home."

"Fine."

[Timeskip]

"Roman, have you found anything in Patton's room yet?!" Logan shouted down the hall.

"No!" Roman yelled back in reply, "Any luck in Hot Topic's room?!"

"Well..." Logan said slowly, stepping out into the hall. Roman came into the hall a few seconds later; his curiosity piqued.

"What is it?"

Logan looked up at Roman and back down at the object in his hand. He squinted at it. "I don't know. Do you?" Logan admitted, handing Roman what looked like a dowel, except it was gold and sharp on both ends. Roman raised an eyebrow.

"No. Where did you find this?" Roman asked.

"In his bed side drawer. The box said it was called an Aurua."

"An Aurua?"

"I guess. I don't know what it is or what it does." Logan stated. Roman suddenly dropped it. "Roman! Be car-" Logan began to chide. He stopped when he noticed that it was hovering above the floor a few feet. A purple, transparent cloud surrounded it.

"What the-" Roman cursed. It raced into the kitchen and started writing a message on a sheet of paper. Logan poked his head around the corner and stared at it in disbelief. In a comedic fashion, Roman's head appeared above Logan's.

"You're right, Roman. It is unbelievable."

"I didn't say anything. I thought that. Hey!" Roman poked his finger into Logan's chest. "You can read minds!" Roman accused.

"Don't be ridiculous, Roman. Of course I can't read minds." Logan defended a little too quickly.

"Mhm." Roman hummed.

"Shut up!" Logan quipped. Roman was staring past Logan. Logan turned around slowly. "It stopped." Roman nodded and grabbed the paper.

'Logan, Roman,

Geez, I really don't know what to say. I see you've found my Aurua... It was probably Logan's idea to search our rooms. Anyway, we wanted to say we're sorry. Yes, everything they told you is true. We still love you both, but you probably won't see us again. Ooh! Tell Roman he can have my cookie stash! Patton! Sorry! We're recording this before we inevidently turn ourselves in. Be happy without us.

Logan... I love you, you nerd. Don't ever doubt it. I'm going to miss you...

Patton? Did you want to say something to Roman? Huh? Yeah! Ro-ro, I love you! You deserved better anyway. I'm going to miss you too...

We love you! Goodbye!

With love,
Virgil & Patton"

Logan wiped the tears out of his eyes. "We have to save them..."

"What else can you do?"

Logan whirled around to face Roman. "What?!"

"You know, besides read minds."

"Ugh. Fine. This." Logan acquiesced. He spun his wrist and a shimmering orb appeared in the room. It expanded to about the size of a man.

"What is that?!" Roman asked pointedly.

"A portal," Logan answered.

"So, that's how you somehow are never late."

"You what?!" Logan stammered. Roman jumped, startled by Logan's outburst. Logan's eyes narrowed. "You have super strength."

"What?! How did you... You read my mind, didn't you?" Roman sputtered.

"Yeah, although there isn't much there to read," Logan commented. Roman made an incoherent sound. "Are we going to get them out?"

"You know it."

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

"This was my attempt at sadness mixed with humor. Admittedly, my humor is a bit sarcastic, but... Don't worry, there will be another part. Probably two more. Quick note, the word Aurua is a play on the Latin word for gold (Aurum). Smiles!"

--MidnightNightmare416