11) Insecure Demons

Idea by: Awesomeninja3 on Amino
------------------------------------------------------

His sword slashed through the creatures head. With a plop, it fell to the floor, streaking the floor with blood.

Roman sighed. One down, thousands more to go. These creatures were Thomas' inner demons, the puppets of the dark sides. And it was up to Roman to keep them hidden from Thomas.

Sadly, he had to do it alone. He supposed he could ask one of the other's to help, but he feared that they would all be taken over.

Logan was far too curious for his own good. The demons could easily manipulate his curiosity from one of good and kind to one of darkness and pain. It didn't help that Logan buried his emotions.

Patton's overemotional tendencies were dangerous if he came anywhere near the demons. It allowed him to become so lost in emotion to turn to a dark side if he thought it would help Thomas.

And Virgil? Well, Virgil panics. Easily. The demons would instigate and feed his panic, quickly putting him out of comission. Possibly to the point of turning back to the dark sides.

No, Roman had to do this alone; he could not risk hurting his friends, his family. And because he knew that if they knew about his battles they would demand to help, he hid his battles and worked tirelessly to prevent the other's from discovering the demons.

But Roman was breaking. He felt empty, just like he usually did when something he did got no reaction. He was insecure.

With a sigh, Roman left the battlefield. It's not like there is any point in destroying another, they just kept coming.

Roman sank down and reappeared in the common room of the mindpalace.

"Roman, what was that?!"

Virgil's voice was tired, accusing, and cold. Roman spun around, staring at the other's in suprise.

"What ever do you mean, Emo Nightmare?" Roman drawled.

"What do I mean? WHAT DO I MEAN? I MEAN THE NIGHTMARE THOMAS JUST HAD!" Virgil shouted angrily.

"Virgil, kiddo, I think we need to give Roman a chance to explain," Patton said quietly, placing a hand on the anxious trait's shoulder.

"Nightmare?" Roman questioned, clearly concerned, "But I didn't plan on him dreaming at all tonight."

"Even so, Thomas still had the nightmare, and we would very much like it if you explained what in the world you were fighting," Logan stated.

"Fighting?" Roman began. His eyes widened as he realized what they had seen. "Oh... no..."

He backed away from them slowly. "Look, you guys wouldn't understand. Why don't we just forget this all happened?" Roman pleaded, tripping over the stairs.

"Roman, where are you-" Patton started to ask. But Roman had other plans. He sprinted up the stairs and into his room. He slammed the door shut and locked it.

They had seen them.

The others had seen the demons.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

"Okay, so, I know that wasn't best, but I can promise it will get better. I do want to thank Awesomeninja3 for everything. The prompts, the ideas, the emotional support. Thanks! Thanks to everyone! Big Smiles!"

--MidnightNightmate416

Originally Published: 7/2/2018