16) Deciet's Game Pt.4

As the wall slid open, Virgil was surprised to find that Logan was not restrained in anyway. He was standing there, unharmed, but thouroghly confused. Like all the rooms, it had no doors or exits of any kind.

Logan stared into Virgil's eyes through the glass. Disbelief colored his eyes. "Virgil?" He question, evidently more confused. Virgil just stood there for a moment devestated.

"Alright, Deceit! What this time? Sharks? Fire? Skeleton army?" Virgil shouted at the ceiling.

"Now, that seems a bit extravagant, don't you think?" Deciet drawled, "No... I think water will do just fine." As he spoke his final word, small circular panels opened in the room Logan was standing in. Water streamed from the panels. The room began to slowly fill. Logan span around in shock as the water began pouring. He just looked so betrayed. Virgil felt his heart start to crack.

Terrified, Virgil asked, "And the test? What is it? TELL ME!"

"Fine. To save your little heartthrob- truly adorable of you to take pity on the nerd- you must find the correct key," Virgil ground his teeth. It was more than pity.

A panel opened in the wall, revealing a key ring with more than 100 keys on it. Virgil's heart cracked a little deeper. This was going to take forever.

Franctically, he raced forward. He took hold of the ring, and desperately began trying the keys.

25 keys later, the water was up to Logan's knees. Logan was searching for a way out.

50 keys later, it was waist deep. Logan was beginning to panic.

75 keys later, the water rippled around Logan's upper chest.

Now all the keys had been tried. Not one of them worked. The water continued to rise, and Logan had to tread water to keep his head above the surface. But the water would reach the ceiling in a few minutes.

Virgil looked through the glass at Logan. This couldn't be happening. There had to be a solution. Virgil started to think. Every test had a solution. Every test had also had a catch. The sequence in Roman's... The lasers and tiles in Patton's...

Virgil turned away from the wall and stared blankly around his own room. He raised an eyebrow at the random houseplant in the corner of the room. He went over to it and searched it. Hanging from one of the branches was a thin gold key. Virgil gripped the key, and turned back to the wall.

He gasped, nearly dropping the key. The water had hit the ceiling, and Logan was submerged beneath the water struggling for air. Virgil blinked a few times before racing forward. There was no way of knowing how long he had been underwater. Virgil shoved the key into the lock and turned hard. Click.

When Virgil looked back into the room that Logan had been in, he was not shocked to find it completely dry and empty except for a banner. It read: Welcome Back!

Virgil hung his head for a second. It was over. They were safe. Virgil furrowed his brow. But, then, what did the banner mean Welcome Back? Back to what, where?

Virgil fell to the floor unconscious.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

"I honestly cannot believe that this book has gotten over 100 reads! Thank you all! Just so you are aware, the next Deceit's Game will be a bit different... By that I mean it's going to be told from a different POV. Just for the one part. Smiles!"

--MidnightRose416

Question of the Update:

Which Sanders Side is your favorite?

Logan. I like Logan best.