13) Deciet's Game Pt.3

Shout out to QTDerp4 on Amino for helping me write this!
------------------------------------------------------

Virgil spun to face the wall to his left as it slid open, revealing a tied up Patton. Virgil stared at Patton, who's eyes seemed to be drowning in tears.

"Virge, kiddo, was that Roman?" Patton asked softly. I nodded, knowing he couldn't hear me. "Why?" I said nothing. It wouldn't help.

"Aw, what a touching reunion. Now, for the next test..." Deciet taunted. And floor beneath Virgil's feet disappeared.

-------

Virgil fell onto a mattress at the bottom of the slide. He stood up, viewing the massive maze spread out before him.

"To save Patton, you need to reach the other side of the maze and grab the pink cube. Be careful, as some tiles make his situation a little bit worse.

"The walls of this maze will show you Patton constantly, so you can never forget what is happening to him because of you. I would hurry if I were you." With a fizz and a crakle, the walls of the maze lit up, showing Virgil Patton's terrified face as a small door let spiders slowly enter the room with Patton.

Patton began screaming.

Virgil flinched and raced into the maze, working as fast as he could to get to the other side. As he ran down one hall, he foot stepped on a tile, which sunk down slightly. Virgil stopped and stared at the screen, remembering Deciet's words a few minutes before.

Another door had opened, allowing even more of the creepy crawly death dealers into the room. Patton screamed louder, rocking back and forth in his chair.

Tormented by his friend's screams, Virgil pressed on. After 2 hours in the maze, Virgil finally stumbled upon the exit. He was grateful to have found it so soon.

He spotted the cube and raced forward, skidding to a stop when he noticed a series of lasers surrounding it. He didn't want to know what would happen if he broke one.

Unfortunately, his foot broke one as he tried desperately to stop. Patton screamed even louder. A glass panel had opened in Patton's "cell" showing him a large black spider. The spider seemed content with lunging repeatedly into the glass and hissing at Patton, which caused even more fear in the father figure.

Virgil's eyes widened and he carefully reached in to take the cube. He wrapped his hand around it and slowly took it out. Silence. He turned back to the screens and saw that Patton was gone, the spiders were gone. All that remained was another banner: 2 down, 1 to go.

The cube began to glow and Virgil was transported back to the starting room.

"This next one should be fun, especially for you. Time to take out the nerd," Deciet laughed.

Virgil's heart sank as he turned to the next wall.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

"Just a few more parts to go before this train wreck of angst comes to a close. Until then... Well, smiles!"

--MidnightRose416

Question of the update:

Do you prefer angst or fluff?

I started out loving angst more, but now, I love both. I still have a craving for things gone wrong, but I love feeling my heart melt at the cutesie stuff.