30) Deceit's Game Ending B

Logan lay on his beds in a ball, crying. He had been doing so every night since he'd locked Virgil out. He thought the others would be betrayed to find out he missed Virgil, but, little did he know that on both sides of him, Patton and Roman were doing the same. He wiped his tears of his face with his tie. He swallowed and stepped out the door into the commons.

There he summoned Patton and Roman. He had been planning this conversation for weeks. Patton hurried into the room, quickly followed by Roman.

"Logan?! Are you okay?!" Patton asked worriedly. Logan sighed.

"I'm adequate. I just wanted to talk about V-" Logan began.

"DON'T EVER SAY THAT TRAITOR'S NAME IN THIS HOUSE AGAIN!" Patton roared. Logan shrunk back.

"Pat, look, maybe he wasn't lying when he said-" Roman cut him off.

"He was lying! Logan, can't you see!" Roman cried. Logan opened his mouth to speak.

"Are we talking about Virgil's traitorous actions towards you that were meant to make you hate me?" Deceit said softly from above. Logan stared at him.

"We didn't tell you about anything. We never discussed this when you were around. How do you know?" Logan said slowly. The pieces clicked together in Patton.

"Logan's right. We didn't tell you. We wanted to protect you. But he wasn't lying..." Patton whispered.

"Where is Virgil, Jack the Fibber?!" Roman retaliated. Deceit simply laughed.

"Wouldn't you love to know?" Deceit laughed, "I must leave now... I habe work to do with our good friend." Deceit vanished in to thin air before Logan's heartbroken scream could reach his ears.

"NOOOO!" Logan collapsed into a ball of emotions. Tears ran down his face, and sobs shook his body. Patton wrapped his arms around Logan. He had never seen the logical one this emotionally distraught.

----Meanwhile----

Deceit reappeared in the shed. Virgil grimaced. Deceit turned to face his captive.

"You know, Virgil... I made a mistake," he drawled, leaning close to Virgil, "and now I fear your friends are coming to sabe you." Hope rose in Virgil. "Unfortunately, that means my fun has to end... and so do you."

----Back At The Mind Palace----

Logan had calmed down. He took in another deep breathe. He closed his eyes and began thinking about where Deceit could be holding Virgil. What places in the mind would keep his screams quiet, where would he be trapped. It couldn't be far...

Logan's eyes snapped open. "I think I know where Virgil is!" Roman and Patton looked up from the map of the mindscape.

"You do?" Patton asked. At the same time, Roman chimed,

"That was fast."

"I hope it was fast enough. Come on! We need to get there now!" Logan cried.

"Lead the way!" Roman responded, his sword raised.

------

Deceit went to bring the whip down across Virgil's back again, but it was being held back. Frustrated, he turned from the whimpering trait. His eyes met a furious Patton's gaze. "DON'T you dare!" Patton hissed. Deceit glared back at Patton.

Logan felt his heart crack as he knelt down beside Virgil. He choked back a sob, and lifted Virgil's head. He was unconcious. Logan gulped as he glanced at Roman. Roman nodded and brought his sword down. Deceit squeaked when the flashing metal caught his eye. He vanished. Patton transported them all home.

------

Virgil blinked a few times and tried to sit up. "No, Virge, you need to rest. Lie down," Logan's soft voice directed. Virgil lay back down.

"De... Dec..." Virgil stammered.

"Shush. He's gone for now. He can't hurt you. We won't let him," Logan consoled. A tear fell down Virgil's cheek as he recounted the memories.

"L... logan?"

"Yes, Virgil?"

"I love you." Logan sat shocked by Virgil's words for a moment. Then, he smiled a rare smile.

"I love you, too." Virgil smiled. Logan bent over the bed and kissed Virgil. When he went to pull away, Virgil wrapped his arms around his neck and forced him to stay. Suddenly, his pain was gone.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

"Now I know what you're thinking. 'You promised this would be fluffy!' I did say that. But, hear me out, there is fluff in this story! See! I have a heart. Sort of. Don't hate me! Smiles!"

--MidnightNightmare416