XVI - Trees

Once in a lifetime, the breaking of the roof
To find that our home, has long been out grown
Draw me a life line, 'cause honey I got nothing to lose.

Brandon Flowers in "Shot at the Night"

In a corner of the street, Jungkook and Yoongi caught their breath and wiped the trickles of blood from their nostrils. It had been a peculiar love lesson. Jimin didn't even know about this yet; as a couple they hadn't had to talk about their first sexual encounter with someone else and there were two injured guys already. Literally.

The lad got up and started to walk away without giving any explanation. Meanwhile, the opponent stroked his swollen eye with pain and stopped him with his words:

"It's been a while, Jungkook. Nice to see you again," said the beaten man from the floor.

Kookie froze; his emotions made him dizzy and he felt a transformation. This had been his first physical fight with someone and he wasn't proud at all. However, it wasn't as if repentance was brewing inside him either. He turned and took a few steps back to approach the guy who called him.

"I love my best friend," Kook wasn't even embarrassed to admit it.

"Yes I know. It's very clear to me now. But this has nothing to do with you, boy. Do you think I'm doing something wrong? Jimin didn't tell you? These are our rules," Yoongi answered losing his calm.

"Your rules? I find it hard to accept that he completely agrees with this. He's in love with you, something that never happens to Chim Chim. And now he has to deal with a type of relationship he's not used to. There are too many things going on, Min."

In the thoughts of the oldest one, doubts about his love decisions were returning. He couldn't believe that the statement of a younger boy had that effect on him. To be honest, Yoongi didn't even know why he had decided to have sex with that lilac-haired guy, he didn't remember his name and he didn't like him more than his beautiful boyfriend. The pianist became uneasy at the restlessness in his heart.

"Yes, there are a lot of things going on in his life," the white-haired man said almost without thinking.

Suddenly, his pride and bad temper invaded him.

"But that doesn't mean you can hit me and ruin my sex life, idiot. Do you think your friend will like this? I doubt it very much."

Jungkook made a cheeky sound with his tongue and rolled his eyes. Since when were the older men so inept in personal relationships?, he thought to himself. He held out his right hand to help the musician get up and left before he continued arguing. Jungkook knew that Jimin would get mad at him for punching his boyfriend but it was done. He just had to wait for his best friend to understand his low impulses and forgive him.

[...]

The next day Kookie applied makeup on his most visible bruises and went to school with fear of the scolding that awaited him. Jimin hadn't called him or sent hate messages, but that only made him more nervous because it meant that his anger was being contained. When he entered the classroom he saw the short guy sitting in his usual chair and he didn't seem to have an annoyed look.